Dear Family,
I feel full. Sometimes I feel undeserving of the over-loving family that I have. Thank you so much for your birthday wishes and for your love. I love you all :)
Happy Birthday Mom, Ryan, and Alisha! I love you all so much. :) Have a great birthday week :):):)
I was just thinking about how all of the grandkids and family had stayed over at the house this past week and how Mom had told me in her email that she had to clean up a lot before Sunday in preparation for Dad giving a patriarchal blessing. Mom had said that even though the grandkids had made quite a mess, it was worth every bit of it. I thought of our Father in Heaven. He loves us because we are His children. He loves us so much that even though we still make messes, He still will receive us if we are willing to clean them up. Now, He cannot tolerate the least of sin, just as Mom cannot tolerate the least bit of uncleanliness in the house, yet the children are still welcome to the home, as they learn, over time, how to avoid making messes and how to better behave. I feel that this is a very good example that we can liken unto oursleves.
I have been finishing 'Jesus the Christ' now because Elder Machado is driving full time, so I have time to read and study while we are traveling to other places. It is so nice to learn both from books and from the Spirit, then put it into practice as we go and do. I love learning.
This week we were going to have 4 investigators in church but all cancelled. It was quite saddening, but we will continue to work this next week. We have Consejos on Wednesday of this week, and we have the Zone Conferences coming up as well. There will be lots of planning! We actually have a meeting with Presidente in a couple of minutes, so I will have to go soon now...
I have been a slacker of writing in my journal, which I am very sad about. I wish I had a voice recorder to just record my experiences. But I admit, I have slacked. It is sad because I have many special experiences, but I will try my best to write them down.
Sorry that my email is more or less lame this week, but I just feel too normal. The only things I can think of sharing... We helped a recent convert to learn how to study the Book of Mormon with greater effectiveness. I have been opening my mouth with everyone even when we are in the elevator, and that is difficult to hurry and deliver a message and get feedback, or rather, to share the gospel in about 15 seconds tops. But it is nice and I love doing it :)
I have really had the impression this last week or two that God has been telling me to concentrate my mind here. He has helped me in unseeen measures to do the same. I have seen that I can keep my mind here. That is why I think I feel so normal right now. I am grateful for that. There is still much He would have me learn and do before the end, and I am grateful that He is helping me in all aspects of the work to do that.
I just would like to share my testimony with you to end. I know that this is The Church of Jesus Christ, the only one on earth being guided by modern revelation through living prophets. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. I know that the Book of Mormon is a divine book that will, if we will read it and ponder it much, make us closer to God than by any other book. I know with all of my mind and heart that it testifies of Christ. All of these things I know by the power of the Holy Ghost. I know these things to be true. May we share our testimonies with others more often so that others might see the light that we have.
I love you all so much.
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment