Monday, August 10, 2015

Bruce's email and pictures August 10, 2015


 This is Elder Dement, my new companion.
This is me in Boquete. (THERE ARE PINE TREES HERE!)
I love Boquete

 We almost have no meals with the members, we only have three, so we make our own food. It's great. I make a mean sandwich.

That is the view out the window of where my bed is

 We were able to go to the temple the Wednesday before I left to the Interior.




Dear family,

Well, if you haven´t heard already, I was transferred.  I am now in the David Zone.  My area is called Boquete.  It is a cold place surrounded by mountains.  It is amazing here.  It is quite touristy so we are able to talk to people from many different places of the world.  I love it.

I wasn´t expecting transfers, but all of a sudden there was a little mini change and I was involved.  Due to that I wasn´t able to say goodbye to anyone in Bella Vista, but I will do that before I leave.  I know that the Lord has sent me here.  I love my new companion, Elder Dement.  He is from California.  He is great.  We have done some great work together so far.  I left the city on Alisha´s birthday in the morning at about 4:30.  We had Consejos de la misión the day before.  It was a great edifying experience.  It was almost as if the Spirit had magnified me.  I will have to tell you when I get home about most of the experiences that I am having to fully give them credit.

I have had multiple people compliment me on my Spanish.  I have noticed that as I am focused more, that I really feel that I have more power given to me by the Spirit, and I have been given more fully the gift of tongues.  It is easier for me to speak.  People say that I speak clearly and without an accent.  I do not say this to boast, but rather to show how the blessings of the Lord are fulfilled if we obey.  I know that He always fulfills with His great promises.

I am now writing in my journal every day.  It is great having enough time to do so.  We are being exactly obedient and opening our mouths to speak with everyone!  We have been finding people now and we found a really beautiful family last night and I am really excited about them! :)  Man, I feel good.

On Sunday, I had the funniest experiences.  It seems to me that if you smile a lot at someone, they want to assign you do to a bunch of stuff.  I will explain.  We had an investigator in chuch on Sunday, his name is Israel, go figure.  That was his first time in church and we had actually put a baptismal date with him on Friday, my birthday!  It was the best birthday present ever.  Later that night we actually saw fireworks, and it was a really special experience that I was given on that day.  Anyway, we arrived a little late and took our seats to pass the Sacrament.  It was the first time that I have passed since being a deacon.  It was a special experience.  By the way, we are in a branch.  And after the Sacrament the Branch President, Presidente Sanjur, great man, recognized that I had a big smile on my face, and that made him smile at me.  Then he realized that I was new, so after a talk that was given, the first one of the meeting, he stood up and said that I would bear my testimony.  It was a sweet experience that I was given.  I bore my testimony of what I knew to be true.  

After which, we went to the Gospel Principles class with our investigators, then we went to Priesthood.  Believe it or not, we were sitting there waiting for the other elders to arrive, and the President comes up to me and says that I would be giving the class that day and handed me a manual.  It was shocking and unexpected, but I felt so calm as in I knew that it would happen, haha.  So, I looked at the title, and guess what it said?  Something to the effect of the importance of fathers and mothers.  So we went and got 4 more manuals for the others, and the class was about 12, including me.  So I gave the class.  I felt the Spirit guide my thoughts.  It helped me to create an atmosphere to where the Spirit could come and dwell, and so that all could learn and participate.  It was amazing because the Spirit didn't tell me what to do all at once, but rather, as the lesson went, I had it given unto me what I should do next.  The Spirit was present, and it was a very tender setting for some of the bretheren.  I will never forget that experience.  The explanation that was just given doesn't do the experience justice, but that was the best that I could do.

I have been seeing the hand of the Lord here.  It is amazing what faith in our Savior can do.  I know that this is the work of the Lord.  I know that I am His servant here and that He has called me.  I love the Lord.  I love this work.  I love being here.  While in church I had the thought come to me that I wanted to stay here longer and maybe extend, but I don't think that that would be very agreeable for Mom, yet it is amazing how the Spirit makes me long to stay.

Spiritual thought from personal study: We truly do reap what we sow (Alma 41:3-6)

I love you all so much.  Thank you for your love, thoughts, and prayers in my behalf.  Have a great week.

Love, Élder Bitter

No comments: