Monday, August 24, 2015

Bruce's email August 24, 2015


 This is the kind of food I make.




Our roof fell in during the night and scared me half to death, 
but it was a great time to take photos. 

 
This is the fallen roof once more


Look at this waterfall!


Why hello everyone,

I am so happy right now. :) In a really good mood.  I love being a missionary.  I think that this time has been the sweetest with respect to missionary work being out in the field, just putting into practice all of the things that I have learned in my service in the mission field.  I am learning very much of how the church works, both administratively and otherwise.  There are many things that we are working on.  One thing would be helping the branch clerk, Brother Wendt, with fixing up all of the membership records.  We are using them to look for all of the less-active members and the Lord is guiding us.  It is amazing to see His hand in my life.  As I pray for His direction, He shows me what step to take next.

This last week went really well.  We were able to see a transmission on Saturday from another part of Central America by Elder Duncan and President Russell M. Nelson.  It was most insightful and very revelatory.  He literally told me, or rather the Spirit impressed upon me, things that I should do when I return home.  There were also many things said to help me for the rest of my service here and to continue doing with respect to my service after I arrive home.  

I sustain with all of my heart our living prophet and apostles.  I know that they are called of God with all of my heart. I know it.  It is so clear in my mind.  I am shown things, and I also experience things, every day, that strengthen my testimony about this great work.  The Lord has shown me that this is His work.  I know it.  I know that He speaks through His servants.  What a show of His love to us, that He guides us always through living prophets.  What a marvelous message that we have to spread througout the world so that all may have joy and feel the love of our Father in Heaven.  

That is how I usually start contacting.  I start, usually, with saying that a living prophet has sent me to share with them a message from God for them.  I know that these things are true. 

A main part of my testimony, or rather the keystone of my testimony of all of these things is my knowledge and testimony of the Book of Mormon.  I can testify that I know without a doubt that it is a true book, that it was written by the power of the Spirit, and that it was translated by a living prophet of God, Joseph Smith.  That is a witness unto me of the truthfulness of all the the things that are important to me in my life.  I can and will testify to anyone of its divinity.  I know that whoever follows Moroni´s promise, will indeed come to know of its divinity and truthfulness by the power of the Holy Ghost.

I felt that I should share those things with you.  Many of the investigators that we had found and put baptismal dates with fell, yet we are finding more people and helping those who are struggling a bit more.  In two weeks we have a baptismal date with Israel.  We will have others in the coming weeks.  The work is moving forward.  It is so interesting to me, every day that I feel and see it, how the Spirit literally tells me if someone is ready or not; if we should stop teaching them and put them in the area book or continue.  I have felt the inspiration.  The Spirit is magnifying my abilities to be able to accomplish the work that I have been sent to do.

I have had so many experiences, so many witnesses, that I truly can testify of the truth of all of these things.  I know of their surety.  The Lord has revealed them to me.  I know that by keeping the commandments, we are blessed.  I know it.  I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true.  Christ is our Savior.  We can only be saved and receive a fulness of joy through His Atonement.  It is true.  All of it is.  I pray that all may take strength from my words.  I feel moved by how much our Father in Heaven loves us and cares for us.  Truly I have felt that love every day of being here.  He does love us.

As I was reading a passage of scripture, I did not understand it correctly.  i began to pray about it and shortly after praying, understanding came to my mind respecting the subject, and I was enlightened.  I know that as we ask, we shall receive.

One other thing...  There have been many things that have happened, whether it be with the conduct of other missionaries, or of leaders or members, or how things are going, which have greatly troubled me.  On Sunday, I was greatly troubled and concerned about these things.  Yet I started to ponder, and the miracle of how Jesus calmed the sea and the tempest came to my mind.  Although at times there are many things that are going wrong, we must always remember who is in charge and has control of the situation.  I know that the Lord is directing His work.  All will be well.

I love you all very much.  I thank you for the love you always send to me, both through your emails and your prayers.  I love you so much and feel of your love and support for me.  Continue strong in the gospel.  It is true.


Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: