I know that Elder Bitter's birthday is coming up. I want to surprise him with something homemade. Can you give me any ideas as to what might be some of his favorites? I have noticed that he seems to prefer savory things over sweet things. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Your son is doing a fabulous job as one of our assistants. He is a very mature and selfless young man. You have raised him well. One of my memories of Elder Bitter is when we visited an orphanage last Christmas. We put on a nativity out of the scriptures with songs from the hymn book. I happened to glance over and see Elder Bitter and another Elder kneeling on the cement, holding their hymn books open for two girls in wheelchairs. What a heartwarming thing. We will be very sad to see him go soon. It has been a pleasure to serve with him.
Hermana Melanie Carmack
Sister Carmack,
Thank you so much for your email! It touched me, and made me appreciate you and President Carmack immensely. You take such good care of our sons and daughters serving in the Panama Mission. Thank you for your sweet words about our son. You know him so well! He really has never been big on sweets, but the one thing he has always enjoyed is our peanut butter squares. I'll send the recipe, but if you have your own, that's great too! If I know Bruce, he will really not care, but will appreciate your thoughtfulness with anything!
Thank you again for everything you and President Carmack do for our missionaries. Bruce has mentioned the great amount of respect and admiration he has for you both. We appreciate you more than we can express. We are most grateful that Elder Bitter has the wonderful opportunity of working closely with President Carmack as an assistant. He will cherish these experiences and what he is learning from his missionary service throughout his life and eternally.
Much love,
Sister Donita Bitter
From Sister Carmack:
Thank you so much. This is perfect. I agree with you that he will probably not care too much about himself, but I wanted to do something to show him how much we appreciate all of his hard work and dedication. I did want to share something else with you. When Elder Alonso of the Seventy visited the mission in June he interviewed both of our assistants. Elder Jensen was serving at the time with your son. Elder Alonso told us afterward that he thought both of them were excellent missionaries and he was very happy with them. We agree! I can't believe that Elder Bitter is still 19 years old! Thanks for the recipe. I'll send you a picture of him on his birthday.
From Donita:
Thank you for sharing those sweet things, and thank you again for your thoughtfulness in making him a birthday treat!
I will look forward to the picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment