Dear family,
I can tell that everyone in our family understands the doctrine. I am so happy for Aubrey! :) Wow, so many new strong spirits coming to our family. What a great time. I am happy for you all!
Things have been going really well. Elder Machado and I now have a new companion; Elder Marchant. He is from Kamus, Utah. Great guy. I have already learned so much from him. It is a little different being in a trio than in a normal companionship. It is enjoyable though. This week Elder Machado and Elder Marchant will go out to do trainings in the Interior and I will stay here with one of the 3 secretaries in the area.
We have many investigators and even more future investigators. I love opening my mouth to proclaim the gospel. Before, fear had kept me from speaking. Yet when one understands to a better degree the gospel, that understanding and love developed for God and His work dispels the fear and helps one to have the courage to do what is required. I love it.
We have found many more less-actives as well, and we are working with them. There are many less-actives in a part of our area called Viejo Veranillo. We work there a lot. It is a sector that is right next to the church. They are rebuilding the church, so we are attending another church farther away in Balboa by the Bridge of the Americas. The church that is the Bella Vista church is right next to Viejo Veranillo. We are ¨preparing the people¨ for the opening of the new church. It is exciting:)
We are planning on doing some activities such as having a Meet the Mormons video showing in the systema educativo de la iglesia on the Vía Argentina in the city. That will be a good opportunity to find more people to teach. That will be on Saturday, the 8th. We also have other events we are planning to do in a place called the Cinta Costera. It is a public place where families go, kind of like a park right along the coast in the city. We will go there and put up tables and a projector with Mormon Messages. It will be fantastic:) Really excited for that. Things are looking up.
I had an interesting thought. Lately, I have had more time or rather, the time to ponder more. That way, I have been taught certain principles by the Spirit. It is interesting to see that John the Baptist was sent forth to 'Prepare the way of the Lord'. I started to think about that as I read the 'Sermon on the Mount' this morning. Example: before we wash a car, we have to get all of the mud off. It does no good to put a bunch of soap on the car if it still has a thick layer of mud. First the layer of mud is removed, then a coat of soap can be applied. After the soap, it must be rinsed. Then the car can be waxed in order to have it look the best that it can. You cannot think to wax the car when it is all covered with mud. Although a waxing is needed and it will make the car beautiful, it cannot be done. The same happened with Jesus Christ. He came to teach a higher, more pure law. John the Baptist came to prepare the people's hearts for that great anticipated coming. The exact same principle is seen many times in both the scriptures and in our daily lives. I know that this is true. I know that the Spirit can and will teach us if we listen, the doctrine of Christ.
I know that God loves us. Sometimes we have times where we suffer. We feel like saying ¨why me?¨, or ¨again?¨. I have thought that before. Yet as President Uchtdorf has said, it is usually after the trial when we look back and see the significance of it and the lesson learned from it. I know that God loves us enough that He allows us to have trials to help us be tested and for our faith to grow. No one can increase their patience if they never have any experience to put the patience they have into practice. The same is applied in developing any other attribute or talent. I also know that God answers our prayers. Sometimes we may be frustrated or feel grief because we do not receive an immediate answer, but I know with all of my heart, that all things are done in the wisdom of Him who knoweth all things. He is our Father who knows us perfectly.
I also know that I am not perfect, and far from it. Yet through the Atonement of Christ, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, my weaknesses can be made strong. It is sometimes hard for one to accept the weaknesses. I have not liked to do that. I personally do not like to see my weaknesses or mistakes. Yet that helps me to be humble. And through that, I can know with a more perfect knowledge to my testimony, that God helps us in our weaknesses. He loves us so much that He has given His Son, Jesus Christ; that through His Atonement all mankind may be saved and have eternal life. I know these things to be true. I feel very humbled because of my weaknesses. Yet I know that through the Lord I can be made strong, which knowledge I am grateful for.
I thank you for your love. Continue to pray for me. That is really what sustains me. I love you all so much :)
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment