Monday, July 13, 2015

Bruce's email July 13, 2015

Dear family,

This week was a very challenging and joyful week.  More freckles are appearing on my arms and all over my body.  I think the sun has had a crazy effect on me.  But I feel very good.  I am healthy.  We exercise every day, but I almost never do any cardio.  I´ll get better at that.

On Wednesday we had a great experience.  We went to the temple with one of our Filipino investigators, Ana. She is such a great investigator!  She works a lot so her only free day is Wednesday.  We went to the temple and walked around it.  When we went to the doors she kept saying that she wanted to go inside.  We then answered any questions she had with respect to the temple.  We had a couple of things happen that would have confused any investigator, but luckily toward the end, we were able to sit down and answer some of those questions.  In the end, I asked her how she had felt that day with that visit to the temple.  She said that she had felt warm and really good inside, and that she couldn't describe the feeling that she had when we were near the temple.  She said that is why she wanted to enter so badly, because she wanted to keep feeling that.  We taught her that it was the Spirit.  It is just heaven when you are a missionary and your investigator feels the Spirit! :)  That is the goal!  Yet just the beginning.  We have another appointment with her for this week.  

We have other investigators.  I don't know if I already have told you, but we have an investigator named Victor and he is 106 years old.  I am going to baptize him before he dies.  He is really just a little lightning bolt full of energy.  He reminds me of Jonas, but just older.  He is way chispa (has spark or is witty).  We are coordinating with the members so that he can come to church with us :)

We also went to the Interior, to Chitré.  It was a great visit.  Many things were done that needed to be done.  I love being able to see different parts of Panamá and to meet such good people and good missionaries.  I know that this is God´s work.

This week we will have District Leader trainings; one tomorrow in the Interior and one on Wednesday for the city.  Then we will be off to San Blas on Thursday by boat and will be returning Saturday morning by plane.  It will be a great experience.  We will see how they are doing and observe all that we can.  After that, we will be in the area until next week, which will be transfers.

Sometimes, I am really humbled and surprised with the love, patience, and mercy that God shows for me, seeing how many times I make mistakes or how many times I need to learn the same lesson over and over again.  Yet whenever that happens, I see the love He has for me, because He cares enough to teach me that lesson over again if I am slothful and forget it.  I have truly come to know and have seen the love and mercy of our Savior and Father in Heaven here in the mission field.  I continue to see answers to my prayers and to see miracles.

Whenever trials are presented, priorities are reorganized, things that don't matter are set to the side, and a better mentality is put into place.  Something that I have been working on the past little bit is overcoming pride and becoming more humble.  I love the words of King Benjamin on that matter.  I know that God grants unto us according to our desires and faith.  If we pray with and work in faith, He will provide for and grant unto us those blessings that we most desire.  I know that these things are true.  

I love you guys so much.  I hope that everything goes well this week. 

All my love,

Elder Bitter

No comments: