Dear family,
I am grateful for the privilege that I have to write you all every week. What a blessing it is.
First of all, I would like to express my happiness and joy! I feel that I didn´t transmit too much happiness to you last week. But this week I have good tidings of great joy. I just found out that a convert from my first area, Delia, who went through the temple a little over a month ago, is going to be married in the temple! :) I am so happy. I remember when there were many problems when we met her. She was married to someone who she wasn´t living with at that time and was working on the divorce papers. Now she will be married in the temple. What a glorious day! We went to the temple this last week to meet with President, and we saw her there. I began to speak with her and when I found this out my heart filled with joy. Truly the work of our Father is the most important, satisfying, joy-filling work there is. How grateful I am for the privilege to be here.
We have been able to work much in the area this week. We have met many future and new investigators. No one went to church, but this week they will. We are teaching a Filipina in English and it is great. I love teaching in English. ; ) It is so great. I love teaching in Spanish too. It's so fun to teach the gospel - something that truly fills the heart.
I do feel and have seen that after hard times come glorious times of understanding. I was reading in my personal study this morning in Alma about when Ammon was with King Lamoni and the queen; how the queen called Ammon to her. It is interesting what she says. After going through this trial of thinking she had lost her husband, she believes the words of her servants that Ammon can help her husband because Ammon is a righteous man. Then she believes in everything Ammon says. After which, she is also taken in a sleep. After having awakened, she then knows the greatness of God and His love and mercy. If she had not gone through that trial of thinking she had lost her husband, she wouldn´t have ever arrived to that knowledge that she received because of her humility and faith. It's the same with King Lamoni who saw the Savior. I am grateful for the Spirit which offers understanding to the mind and peace to the soul.
On Wednesday, and also on Sunday, I had a tender experience. It amazes me to see that the Lord always fulfills His part. He has said, ¨Who am I to promise and not fulfill?¨ Thanks to these experiences that I have had in His service, I have come to this knowledge. I have had a deepening of my conversion to the gospel, and a growing of testimony. I know that these things are true. I know that in our moments of need our Father in Heaven offers relief and peace through the healing of His Son, Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for these things. I know that He hears every one of our prayers and answers them. I testify of His love that He has shown in great measure unto us, through His Son. I know that anyone can know of these things for themselves as well. I know that God provides a way for us to accomplish all of His commandments, as I have seen this week. In order to survive spiritually, we must receive spiritual aliment (Spanish word for nourishment).
I am so grateful for all of you and the righteous influences that you have been in my life. I send my best wishes for this week.
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment