Dearest Family :)
Boy do I have a lot to write to you today, so much I don't even know where to start. How is everyone? That's great, haha. Well, I did what Alisha told me to and wrote down what we did each day of the week so that I could take you guys through it.
So, on Tuesday we usually have our usual meetings as a zone and district. After that it rained really hard. At 5 we went with the bishop and visited all of the recent converts and some of the members. He is a really different guy :) He is great. We helped recent converts with filling out papers for their antepasados to take to the temple to do baptisms too. By the way, all of the stitches are out. It left a scar, but it's okay :) I was kinda bummed out for a little, but then I brought myself to and looked at the big picture and it really doesn't matter one bit :) It's alright. But it rains so hard that you can't even hear the other people talking in the house because of the rain on top of the tin roofs. It's awesome :) We have lunch and dinner every day with members except for Mondays. It's nice to get to know the members well :) We usually eat some meat, always with rice, and sometimes soup or platanos or patacones, a kind of banana prepared in a cool way :)
A lot of people are telling me how much they want their daughters to marry a gringo (white American guy) with a lot of money. All I do is tell them that I don't have any money and that I am poor, then they leave me alone haha.
I have started to get headaches again when I do my pushups in the mornings. I know for sure now it is directly associated with sugar; pop, cake, or candy that the members give us. So from now on I will just ask for water and things like that and I think that will help a lot.
On Thursday we found out that we were going to talk in church. I prepared in the morning and went through my New Testament that I ordered and marked it a lot side by side with 'A Marvelous Work and a Wonder', because that book is gold. I love it and 'Jesus the Christ'. I am learning so much about doctrine and about Christ and His teachings. I love it soooo much :) Reading is such a hobby of mine now :)
We went and did baptismal interviews with many of the sisters in our district. It was nice to get to know their investigators and to help them. At 6 on Thursday we had the class of piano. It went amazing :) I organized it very well and I was able to explain, go through everything, and help them understand. I am able to speak a lot now and it is amazing how my language can flow now. I love it so much :) I miss piano. I love teaching it :) I enjoy it too much.
Friday we had a service in the morning and did a lot of things during the day. Sorry, I am trying to write really fast because I have a lot to say and I need to send a lot of pictures to Mom.
Sunday was amazing. I took my talk to church and as we were sitting waiting for the meeting to start, the bishop told us that we were the only two and that we needed to take up to 15 minutes each, at the least. I thought it would have been only 7 minutes. It was quite stunning, but I prayed more and wrote more thoughts and scriptures. We ended up having to bless the Sacrament too. I loved it so much :) I miss blessing the Sacrament, soo much. I didn't mess up either ;)
I spoke first, and guess what... I took up about 17 minutes without even trying. What comfort I received from prayer and pondering. My Spanish flowed smoothly and so did my thoughts. It was amazing, and the first time I have talked in Spanish in church. I was able to share scriptures and words of the prophets, and expound on them in Spanish according to my thoughts. It was such a sweet experience :) I shared about our missionary work, and at the end I shared my expereince with Mom and the story of Job, and how I was sick and didn't want a priesthood blessing. I then testified of the family and how we have to teach our children the gospel as well as share it with others. It was amazing. It was a really sweet and special experience to me.
So... we just found out changes and my comp is leaving the area. They also told me that I am going to train. I am really happy, excited, and a little nervous. My relationship with Elder De Paz has improved so much. Have you guys been praying really hard with all of the friends and ward members that Mom sends my emails to? Because our relationship has bloomed. He has become more loving toward me and now we have a good relationship before we part. I am so glad for the miracle and the faith of prayer. Thank you all :) Truly God has all power to help soften the hearts of man. But they have told me I am going to train! I can't wait to meet this new missionary and have us be exactly obedient and teach with power and authority, and to see miracles in the mission.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support for me and all of the missionaries. I love you all so much :) Take care and I will be sure to have details in my next letter too :) Love you!
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment