Monday, June 2, 2014

Bruce's email June 2, 2014

Happy summer everybody :) 

How I wish I could be with you to enjoy time together, but I am enjoying my time quite well out here :) Training is a new experience, very new, especially when the elder you are training is 5 years older than you and is serving in his own country.  Yup, Elder Rodriguez is my new companion who lives just a couple hours from the area that we are in right now.  He is 5 years older than me, like Elder Astudillo (my trainer) was to me.  It is pretty fun. :)  It has been a great learning experience already.  One thing is that we are definitely more obedient.  I just love it so much :) I love having confidence that you have the Spirit and that you are being obedient.

Already with the little time we have been together, we have done a ton of work.  We are in an urgent search for investigators to teach.  We have received a couple of references that we are going to contact this week and start teaching.  We have also found a lot more less-active families, and have put Noches de Hogares every single night this week. We are starting to fill the agendas with a lot of citas and services and things to do.  We have been giving a lot of service to members and less-actives.  I truly think that it is so important to give service, to show that we are truly disciples of our Lord, Jesus Christ.  I love it so much :)

I have made a couple purchases on the card Dad, and yes, they are me.  In the temple I bought a little 4 by 3 inch Book of Mormon that I take everywhere to read when we have free time.  I love the insights that I get and how much I can study and read with just waiting for buses or on the bus.  It is a great way to study and I can't believe that I didn't do it before the mission.

I love Elder Rodrigues. We talk a lot and I am improving my Spanish so much with just the 4 days we have been together.  I can't wait to see where I will be at the end of the change.  I am beginning to click with the language more and more.  It is amazing to see the hand of the Lord in this :)  Truly, I know that if we obey and do what our leaders tell us to, we are blessed in all ways, such as the language.  I know it to be true just as King Benjamin says it in Mosiah 2:41, how we are blessed in all things temporal and spiritual.  I love the Book of Mormon :)

It has been a great experience to train Elder Rodriguez. He kind of has a strong personality and doesn't think sometimes, so sometimes I get driven up the wall, but through prayer and just thinking about Jesus and reading the Book of Mormon, it is amazing how you feel yourself change, and you are strengthened to be able to love and help rather than be offended and have a cold shoulder.  Truly I am learning things here that could not be learned in any other way :)  I love it!

My headahces have come back a little bit.  I think I have come to a conclusion Mom. I think that it is the pressure inside my head.  I get headaches when I do pushups right? I also got one of the biggest headaches ever when I arm-wrestled another missionary.  I still won, but I got the biggest headache afterward.  I don't get a headache when I run or play sports.  So I think that it is the high pressure in my head or something.  Is there something I can do?  I already looked through the oils and believe it or not, nothing was listed for high pressure in the head ;)

I am doing well, progressing in every way; slowly, but surely.  With a little patience and persistence, I will keep being changed by the Atonement into a better person, a better servant of the Lord.  I love it.  The work is going forward.  We are trying to build right now in the area, but this next week will be great and we will start teaching a lot of people :) I can't wait to do it, then tell you everything after :)  So I can't send pictures today, but I will next week of Elder Rodriguez and more stuff, sound good Mom? :) Okay. 

I love you all so much and pray for you every day.  I love the love that we have as a family, ward, and as children of our Heavenly Father :)  Keep reading the scriptures and be safe this next week.  I will have much more to write next week :)

Love Elder Bitter

No comments: