Monday, March 3, 2014

Bruce's email March 3, 2014

HEY FAM:)

Hey everyone! How is everything going at home?! I am so filled with joy when I copy, paste, print and read all of your emails. The smiles that fill my face; you should see it :) All of the other missionaries do. So, not much happened this week. We have been getting a lot of references and doing a lot of discovering from the area book and things like that. I have cleaned that thing out and updated it like it was an iPhone, but let's just say it isn't as easy as a drag and poof.  But everything is going well. So we have changes this Wednesday and guess what? I don't have changes. Looks like I will reach over 5 months here in San Vicente :) I am happy. I hope that my work this change can help keep the area alive and get a lot of people to the church :) 

This week only 100 people came to church. Actually, 100 people came to church! That's amazing:) But it's less than last week because of the carnivals. I don't know if you guys have heard of that, but the carnivals are in all of South and Central America during this week. Some people just party ha. It's very bad. A lot of missionaries have people chase them throwing eggs and water on them.  We are at a place that's a little more tranquillo, so it's okay!

I now know the smell of beer and let's just say that it is a really gross smell. We have actually had drunk taxi drivers drive us to places. It is pretty scary, but at the same time, I feel very calm. I feel like we are protected :) But I am glad that I am staying in San Vicente with Elder Seegmiller for another change!

Many mornings we run and do exercise. I love it:) This past week has been very hard. Very hard. Satan has been working on me. I was sick twice this week. It seems like it just comes in small spells. I think that it is because of Mom's good care of me with all of the vitamins that I have and everything. Soo... I think the knots in my back muscles are starting to act up. I don't know if it's from stress or what, but I am starting to get major migraines.  One time, I was doing pushups and my neck just killed and it shot up into my brain.  I went a little delusional because of the pain in my head. The next night I was doing pushups again and it happened again. A couple nights after I tried pushups again and it happened again.  Every once and a while my neck will get kinda stiff and I'll get a little pain and sore and a little headache, but I am starting to massage it myself. Man, my neck feels like I have golf balls in it, haha, but don't worry guys, I am alright:)  I don't know what it is, but I am okay.  My health is good. My feet are well; my feet are actually amazing. So it's okay. 

Sometimes it is just so hard. You just feel so alone. So it humbles you and turns you to your knees; to the only Being that you always have there, the only one that is always waiting for you to come back and remember Him. That is my message. Prayer gets me through the days and nights. God is supporting me. 

Thank you so much for your emails. They bring me peace. :) I love you all. I am doing well! I feel your prayers, I just need to keep enduring and doing my best. I love you all and hope that you have a great week! I miss you and wish I could just give you all a hug and just lay on the carpet in the front room and just have a great big discussion.  But that time will come:) Have a great week everyone!

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: