Monday, March 24, 2014

Bruce's email March 24, 2014

Pictures of Ibanna (adult), Paola (small skinny girl) and Bryan (smallest boy)


Elder Seegmiller baptized Bryan, 8-yr-old from the ward,
I baptized Ibanna,
and Antonio Sanches baptized Paola
This is their family:)


Ni Hao:)

Hello everyone:) How has the week been?:) Anything new going on that I don't know or haven't heard? :) I love reading all of your emails and learning about your lives and everything that is going on back where the people are that I love more than anything. I want you to know that I feel your trials also. I pray for you all. I hope you are all doing okay. I would just like to say that I know that God loves us and He will never abandon us. Christ has suffered all that we have ever gone through. This helps me so much out here; the knowledge of my God and my Redeemer. It helps me through my trials, to know that I am imperfect and have sinned many times, yet Jesus Christ, He who was perfect and didn't do anything wrong, suffered what I have been suffering. It fills my heart with compassion and love.  It helps me to feel the love He has for me.  It makes my path that much easier when I have an eternal perspective.  Having this perspective is so important in our lives. Remember how good God is. Remember Him.  Acknowledge Him. (Mosiah 4:19)  I love Him. He is my best friend. When nobody is there to help me, He reaches out and catches me and comforts me with what He has done for me. All we have to do is believe and embrace what He has done. I know this to be true :)  I love you all so much :)

So I am sure many... or rather all of you have been wondering about the medical situation... so they gave me the wrong test... ha. MRI instead of an MRA. So I have another doctor's appt next week.  It's just great right? I am so grateful for technology like this that allows us to see what is wrong physically with us, and having the tools to fix it.  What gifts God has given in these days:) I have really bad headaches sometimes. I stilll am not allowed to exercise. I miss playing sports and running and feeling good a lot. I really miss exercising ha. But this is only a short time I can't do it. I am glad that I will be still able to after we find out what is wrong:) I haven't always been this positive in things like this. But when I think about Christ and what He has done, I am given eternal perspective, and see that my trials and problems are small. Then it helps me to not focus on myself so much. I think about all of those people with health problems that make it so that they can't ever exercise, or that they only have a limited time to live. How blessed we are.  Life is so much happier when we aren't focused on ourselves:) But ya, I will let you all know how it goes next Monday when I have the appt. But my head is okay... Coke doesn't even help anymore. Tylenol doesn't work at all.  The oils, kind of.  But I am doing alright:) God is truly helping me. Whenever I am going through a hard time, I pray, and I am a witness that God strengthens us in our hard times and gives us strength to accomplish what He has commanded us.  I have literally felt strength come to my body, and joy fill my soul after praying. I testify of it, and know of just a small part of God's mercy that He has for us.  He truly does support us:) in all we do. He loves us. I know it.

We had a very beautiful baptism of Ibanna and Paola Gonzalez yesterday. :)  What a wonderful privilege it is, given by God, to participate in this beautiful work. I love it. It is the hardest thing I have ever done, but God helps us do it:) Truly we are nothing and need to be humble because we can do nothing without His help.  We woke up Sunday morning and the whole day was the most stressful day, and it seemed impossible that we were gonig to baptize Ibanna. So many problems with clothes, signatures, transportation, and so much more. I am truly a witness that it is not us in this work. God is doing His work through us.  It was most beautiful:)  They are so beautiful and such happiness comes to a missionary when something like this happens:) What a tender mercy.

Oh, by the way, I have 6 months out here. Isn't that crazy? Seems like yesterday I was waving and looking back at Mom and Dad at the airport.  Now I am one fourth finished. I can't believe it! Conference is right around the corner. I can't wait!:) I am running short on time. I will try and send pictures of the baptism real fast. I love you all so much:) I hope you know how much I love you and appreciate your love and emails and support. I truly do have a testimony.  I know that all of what I have said is true.  I hope that you have a wonderful week full of happiness and safety:)

By the way, we had 132 at church on Sunday! How exciting!:) Anyway, Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad:)  I love you guys.  I am so glad you met all those years ago. Thank you for everything you do, and for having me as your son:) Take care everyone! Cuidense!

Love, Elder Bitter 

No comments: