Friday, March 21, 2014

Emails to and from Sister Carmack March 21, 2014

Sister Bitter,

You are right. He did have an MRI and not an MRA. He took the email ordering an MRA with him to have the test, so we're not sure what went wrong. The area doctor wants to send him to a neurologist for further evaluation. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the catch.

Melanie Carmack


Sister Bitter,

I will ask the nurse. I know that it was an MRA that was ordered.

Melanie Carmack


Sister Carmack,

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in giving us this information quickly.  It is so nice, as you said, to not have to wait until Monday to hear from Elder Bitter.  

I appreciate you asking about the thickening of the nasal concha, since I had that question too after reading what was in the report.  He did have some bloody noses while playing soccer and basketball in high school, but it is good to hear that it's not a concern.  The only other question I had was why the study was done without IV contrast.  The MRA is a test with contrast solution.  I thought that an MRA was scheduled, rather than an MRI, which is without contrast.  The contrast allows the physician to see the cranium vessels to rule out an aneurysm or any kind of compromise in blood vessel walls.  That was my only other question.

Thank you again for being sensitive to our concerns and giving us such a timely report.  We feel relieved by these normal results.  We have been continually praying about our concerns, and are so very grateful. 

With love,

Donita Bitter


Sister Bitter-
I just wanted to let you know that all is well with your son. The nurse forwarded me this translation of his test results.

"The study wihtout IV contrast shows mucosal thickening of the nasal concha in the cranial base. At the posterior fosa level there are no congenital or adquired anomalies.
The brain stem and midbrain are normal. The ventricular system, the white matter, and the cerebral cortex are normal. There is no other pathology in the rest of the study.
Conclusion the cerebral resonance is considered normal."

I asked her about the thickening of the nasal concha and the nurse said that could possibly be from having bloody noses in the past, but was not a concern. Everything else was normal. I just wanted to let you know so that you didn't have to wait until Monday to hear the good news from Elder Bitter. 
Take care,
Hermana Carmack

No comments: