Monday, March 17, 2014

Bruce's email March 17, 2014

Dear family:)

Hey everyone! Hope everything is well at home in the United States. I have a question that I have been meaning to ask in a long time. What are the gas prices out there? 

Anyway, my health is doing well:) I am just a little down that I can't exercise. I love exercising. I don't feel as good physically when I don't, but I know that I can't, so I will wait for the results of the test. I am scheduled to have the MRA test taken this Wednesday at 7 am in the morning. I can't wait to get it over with and figure out what's wrong, if anything is wrong.  Man that will be a relief. 

This week has been really great! We have 2 fechas, Ibana and Paula. They will be baptized this Saturday!:) Hopefully everything goes well and they stay strong:)

I was thinking this week as we had a conference of the stake. They are joining the District of Acalde Diaz and San Migelito into their stake. We had the privilege of listening to Elder Scott, Elder Oaks, a member of the seventy, and another speaker from a broadcast in Salt Lake City. I cannot wait for General Conference!:) But wow. It is amazing how the Spirit can speak to you in your own language when the language being spoken is a different one.  I received so many personal impressions and revelation personal while listening to them.  It was so interesting to listen in Spanish and have such profound impressions of the Spirit in my own language.  It was so amazing. I know that they are called of God and that this is His church:) 

I would like to share something about Christ.  I have had a bit of a hard time the last little bit because of the problem physically, not exercising, the language, a little homesickness, and other small things.  I didn't really feel as happy as I used to be because I realized that my happiness came from all of you guys at home; :) my family, and close friends.  I miss you all so much. But I was a little sad. Then we went to that conference and I felt like every message was delivered right to me. I believe that every message can be delivered right to us personally. Although they are the same words being spoken and heard, the Spirit speaks and reveals different truths to our minds according to our needs spiritually.  Isn't that amazing? :) That didn't come to my mind until I was just writing it.  But it is so true. It's amazing how God can give real personal revelation intended just for the individual because each one of us is different and has different needs.  

But I was listening to Elder Scott and he was talking about the Atonement; such tender feelings. What an amazing man.  He spoke of the Atonement with such inspiration.  I have realized more and more out here that were it not for Christ, we would literally be nothing. Christ is the Light of the world. Without Christ, there would be no light. There would be no Light of Christ within us. There would be no happiness. There would be no change. We would be lost, children of the devil. But because of His mercy, His infinite love for us, even the sinners of the world that commit the worst sins will receive their bodies once again and have a kingdom of glory. What mercy our God has. How merciful Christ is to us. He has descended below all things. Everything He has done... Nothing that we are going through he hasn't already gone through.  That is why He says, do not have fear or sorrow, for I have overcome the world.  We can look to Christ and have hope, have happiness, have peace. If we center our lives around Him, the winds and tempests will have no power over us. And they will come. The question is, 'Where will we be when they come?' 

Let us think of Christ more.  Let us pray to the Father always that we may not be taken into temptation and into the devil's power. Let us give ourselves to Christ and let him shape us into what we can become:) I bear my testimony that He is our Savior. Because of Him, His mercy and love, He who did no wrong, committed no sin, because of His sacrifice, we can be made clean only through His merits and blood.  I know that we can:) I have felt the Spirit touch my heart telling me that this is true. I can't deny it. He is my best friend. And I know that He is our Savior. Oh the great importance to make these things known unto the children of men:) 

I love you all. I am doing great:) I am clean and worthy because of Christ. With God, the work is going forward. It is not the missionary that baptizes. It doesn't matter how many people a missionary baptizes, because if the Spirit isn't there, they aren't ready. If God isn't involved, we can't do anything. Acknowledge His hand in all things. I truly do. I am who I am because of Him, and because of Him, I have the potential to become like Him, as do every one of you:) 

I love you all. Remember Christ. Remember what He did for you that you couldn't do for yourself.  I will keep trying to work as hard as I can and be the best I can be:) Everyone have a great week and be safe! I will bring my cord to my camera next week cause I forgot it... sorry Mom:) Oh and Dad and Mom, don't send a package, but the next one that you send, could you slip in a scripture case for a triple and a Marvelous Work and a Wonder? That would be amazing:) I love you guys:) Have a great week. :)

Elder Bitter

No comments: