Monday, February 24, 2014

Bruce's email February 24, 2014

Mi Familia:)

Como Estan todos?! Yo estoy bien por ahora.  Espero que todo este bien con todos.  El Idioma esta bien. Estoy aprendiendo muchas palabras nuevas, y mucha gramactica. Realmente, es bien dificil. Pero con la ayuda del Senor, podemos hacer todas las cosas. A veces, creemos que Dios no esta, pero realmente, El esta ayudandonos para que podamos ser mejores personas y tambien ser humildes.
 
How is everybody?:):) I am great right now! I hope that everyone is good too. The language is going well. I am learning so many new words, and new grammar too.  It's really hard, but with the help of the Lord, we can do all things. Sometimes, we believe that God isn't there, but really, he is helping us so that we can be better people and be humble too.

Sometimes we can't see why going through something will help us. It's just frustrating and gives us headaches. But in the 'Patience' talk that President Uchtdorf gave in 2010, like I talk about every single email, it says some great stuff that has helped me so much. I won't quote it. You guys can just go read it if you're curious enough;)

Entonces? I am doing great. The Lord's mercy is upon me for sure. I am learning so much. Sometimes my mouth and mind are shut and I can't really say much, but then the Lord loosens my tongue and my mind is literally opened and I speak.  

This week was a good week. Changes are not this week but the coming week. Everybody thinks that I am going to be leaving, so I guess we will see! I think it's a little exciting:) I love the area here. There are so many great people, yet so much work to do. 

We went to a less-active family this week that after about 2 hours of explaining their whole story about why they don't go to church anymore, it basically sums up to: they don't go because they said that somebody looked at them weird. From this, I have tried not to judge them. Earlier that day before visiting them, I read the talk given after Elder Hales last conference. It's about 'Meekness'. Also in Alma 7 it talks about how the Lord, our Savior, went through all of those things for us, so that he would have mercy upon us and know how to succor us in our afflictions. Some people have different weaknesses and trials than we do. But by this, let us hermanar nuestros hermanos, so that we can show that we are truly disciples of Jesus Christ. Let us show our love, because when we are in the service of our fellow beings, we are only in the service of our God. 

One thing that I have learned out here, is to give of yourself, even when you are tired and really don't feel like going out in the hot sun, and nobody gives you references, you have nowhere to go, you show your faith and the love you have for God and you serve. Truly, we can do all we can for less-actives, even for active members. I have seen so many members out here who have almost gone less-active while I have been here. Everyone needs to feel the Savior's love. Share it. Share it by thinking of others before ourselves.  In the end, people have their agency. That is a very hard and interesting lesson I have learned out here. In the end, you can never go against the will of God. You can also never take away a person's agency.  As much as I want all of those hundreds of less-actives we have visited to come to church, we can't make them do it. We can invite them with love and promise them blessings; same with the investigators. Sometimes AGENCY drives me insane and gives me some bad headaches at night, but don't worry, if that's the worst that happens, it will be for my good:)

We have been talking to a Chino that works in a tienda for quite some time! Wouldn't you know it? I make good friends with the Chinese people;) They love us so much, they always give us free things. What nice people! On Sunday, we brought a Chinese 18-yr-old, Roberto Pan, to church with us. It was so amazing! This Sunday we had 121 people come to church!!!!! HOW amazing is that???:) I love it when people come. It fills the heart with joy:) Man. Everything is going good out here. 

Mom, I am taking my vitamins every day, but none the less, I am so tired still. We walk alot, and do a lot. Sometimes the work just takes it out of you. I have to remember what Dad always says from the Doctrine and Covenants, don't run faster than you have strength. It's humbling when you literally don't have strength no matter how much you want to.  We always need to rely on the Lord. I am glad for these less-active stories that I have experienced. It has made me always want to go help them and to NEVER EVER go less-active.  

This mission is making me into a good home teacher, just like Ryan has said:)  I can't wait to be THEE COOLEST home teacher in the world.  Let us try to magnify our callings with love; with the love of Christ. I remember reading the words of President Eyring, whenever I feel like slacking in my Priesthood calling, I give myself this rallying cry, 'Remember Him!' That quote touches my heart every time I repeat it in my mind. It has now become a part of me. Whenver you feel like life is too much, like it's too hard, 'Remember Him'.  It's why we take the Sacrament. It's our goal, to become like Him right?:) Sorry, I am talking too much. 

I hope everyone is well! My health is good.  I bought some stuff, Dad. I bought some pushup things and other exercise things and some new shoes for exercising and P-day (finally). But thank you for letting me use some money for my well being and comfort. I am doing well. All I gotta say, Mom, is that nothing beats your food no matter how fast it is. I love you Mom and Dad!. I love all of you guys so much. I love writing you and reading your emails. They warm my heart:) Sorry, I would send more pictures, but I forgot my camera! I will remember it next time. I have started to take a lot of pics, so it's great:)  

I hope all of the babies are healthy and pray for you guys in your jobs and families. I have developed quite a few thoughts too. Sometimes in the mission, you have time to think. I think that I will get into raquetball when I get home. So Brian, you better get practicing;) And I would like to learn the guitar too, so Ry and Lynnae, get ready to be my guitar teachers okay?:) Same with the piano, Mom. I miss playing soo badly.  But I hope life is well. Everyone, be safe! I will look forward to next week when I write again:)

Love, Elder BItter

No comments: