Monday, February 17, 2014

Bruce's email February 17, 2014

Why Hello My Celestial Bunch:)

Came up with that subject line on the spot! Haha How are all of you doing? I had a wonderful stress week! It was awesome. I feel like I have changed a lot this week with my Spanish and everything. I am improving. It's great:) Don't worry Mom, I am planning on sending some pics after this email. I don't plan on this being that long so I apologize if you wanted to hear me go on and on, but this week I will make it shorter than usual:)

This week I got pretty sick on Wednesday. My body kinda broke down. I think I have been working it too hard; working out and playing basketball in the mornings. We run to a cancha (basketball court) toward la entrada. It's about a 10-minute run or a little more. Then we play baksetball and Elder Seeg has only beat me once. I feel pretty good because it seems like I am getting better at basketball - a lot haha. But it is so much fun. I feel like I have changed physically so much since I have come out here on the mission. I have lost a bit of weight from the sickness. I lost like 5 pounds in 3 days. It was kinda funny. I broke out in a fever and was still out and working in the sun. Don't worry. We called the nurse to see if I needed to go stay in the house or something and she said if it gets worse to go and rest, but it stayed the same, so we stayed out. Turns out it might be dangy; this disease that is carried by a mosquito. 8 people have died from it. No big deal. It's probably not that so don't worry. 

I feel good though! The work is progressing but honestly, this is so hard.  Whenever I have a discouraging time where I am just walking in the hot sun, my face hurts, I have a headache and nothing is going right, I just think of you guys. Then I start singing Christmas music and thinking of Christ. Then I start to pray. Let me tell you, sometimes we get those times - those hard times... We have no idea why they come. Maybe they come so that it will compel us to pray to God; to let us know how we really have to rely on Him every second of the day. We truly need Him every single hour; moment to moment. 

I love you guys so much. I love the scriptures. I have been reading them in Spanish and now am in Jacob. What an amazing prophet! I love the 4th chapter about prophets and writing their testimonies about Christ. I love it so much. I was reading in Preach My Gospel, and it said the thing that is ESSENTIAL to everlasting conversion is.... reading, praying, and pondering about the Book of Mormon. Keep reading! Keep studying. I can't believe that I didn't do that more before the mission! I wasted so much time. Don't make my mistake all of you! Read. Treasure up the words of Christ. They truly tell us all things that we must do. 

There is this less-active that I have had the privilege of finding, teaching and reactivating. His name is Ismael Navarrow. He is a Latin version of the grandpa on UP:) I love him. You truly learn how to love on your mission. Truly. Your comp, the people, the members. What a great pattern God had set for me to help me to learn a little how to love; how to love my brothers and sisters, to be more like Jesus. I have found that the more I think of Jesus, the nicer person I am and the more love I have for those around me. Let's truly think of him always like we have covenanted to do. 

Love you guys. I will send you pictures of how it is out here and of the amazing Delia Ruiz. What an angel:) You have a great week:) I love you all so much. Cam, keep going girl:) Love you from across the work! And Dad, hope work is going well. Thank you so much for all of your emails last week. I look forward to reading those you sent this week when I print them off. I will keep taking care of myself. Don't worry:) Have a good safe week!

Elder Bitter

No comments: