Monday, February 10, 2014

Bruce's email February 10, 2014

Why Hello Everybody:)

How are all of you doing this wonderful new day of life?:) I am doing fantastic if you all are wondering. Life is amazing, especially when you are in the service of the Lord.

I will get right to telling about my week. So... yesterday, I had my first baptism:) What a blessing she is! Her name is Delia Ruiz and she is from Chilibre, a place in our area. I am so sorry, Mom, I forgot the cord to the camera so I cant send any pictures this week of her or my new comp... but next week I will send you loads of pictures okay? I promise:)  By the way.... Happy Birthday DAD!:) and Breanne:) Oh and speaking of Breanne, what a spiritual giant you are Breanne. I didn't fast like you have been until I was really older. You are doing amazing:) I look up to you. Really I do. I never was as strong as you are. I love you so much:) You keep doing what you are doing and listening to Mom and Dad. They know the way and will help if you listen. But honestly, I don't know if you need any more help:) That is an amazing experience that you shared with me. Thank you. Breanne, you're amazing!:) You should have been the older sister setting the example for me. But it's okay, I will still look and learn from you either way:) 

Wow Dad, Happy Birthday:) I am so happy for all of you! Man, I wish I could be there with you guys. But that's okay. Anyway, the baptism was amazing. She is such an amazing person with a truly honest heart. God blessed me with the opportunity to teach her:)
 
Thank you Landon, for your email. It was great to read. Thank you everyone really. I love your emails. I can feel your love for me through them too. Man, I love you all:)

I bought some Nikes for p-days and for exercising with the Christmas money that I already took out. I didn't spend it until just now. But ya, thanks for the money Dad and Mom:) You guys are too nice to me.  My health is doing okay, I wish I could exercise more but we are just so exhausted and there isn't enough time to do much. I have decided to start eating healthy when I have the ability to choose what I eat. 

But being with Elder Seegmiller, everything is going great!  We do service a lot. I'll send pics next p-day. I cut my leg with the machete while we were cutting the grass... But it's okay:) It's healing on up. I was worried because the machete was kinda rusty, but it is healing and doing well:)  I love service.

So, there is a sister in Tocumen called Sister Hernandez I think... haha but she is from Syracuse and she knew Cambria and Maddie Cook! What a small world right??:) It was way cool to meet her.

We have a lot of investigators, but it is kind of difficult somtimes to help them see that they need to join the church. We get the baptism point across every time.  They always want to be baptized because they know it's a commandment, but for some odd reason when we try to commit them to it, they are hesitant, even when they say they believe that it's true and they received an answer.  Being a missionary is sometimes frustrating.  But now I know a small fraction of how our Father in Heaven feels with us when we don't obey and he has blessings right there promised for us if we just do the little things he asks. Funny how you can learn these things by just experiencing it for yourself right?:)

I recall a talk that Elder Holland gave. I remember him saying that 'remember' is the most important word in the English vocabulary. I think that is interesting. It didn't ever really hit me until now. Truly, we need to remember. Remember the scriptures, remember our prayers, remember our covenants, remember to keep the commandments, remember our testimonies and the witnesses we have received, remember Christ and what He did for us.  Let us remember all the things that we need to remember. The Spirit, as the Bible says, will bring all things back to our remembrance. That is why we keep reading the scriptures and saying our prayers - to stay on the path. It helps us remember God's love, our testimonies, and the commandments. That is why when people stop reading the scriptures and praying and going to church, they forget their covenants, and fall away into forbidden paths. Let us all remember to search the scriptures and seek God diligently through prayer so that He might manifest himself unto us by the power of the Holy Ghost. Read every day. Pray all day. Let's do it:) 

I love you all. I know that the church is true. Magnify your calling, whatever it may be. Serve in the Lord's vineyard.  Keep going. I love you all. I pray for you. Hope that you are doing well:) Love you all and look forward to next week:)

Love, Elder BItter:)

No comments: