Monday, April 6, 2015

Bruce's email and pictures April 6, 2015

 I have the coolest companion!
Our plannings sessions are the best!

 More Panama traffic

 Taking Packages to Mission Leadership Council

Elder Jensen took a picture while we got haircuts today.

Dear family,

That was a pretty epic topic of the email huh?  How are you all doing?  I love you all so much.  Miss you tons.  It's hard to believe that I will speak to you a month from now.

It is weird to now see so many going home that are in the ward.  It is interesting how fast time passes.

This week went really well.  We have found many new investigators and are working with the members really well.  I feel like we are improving on all levels.  At times it is difficult, but we need to have faith in those moments.

We had 2 investigators in the Conference.  They are both Filipinas.  They speak English (almost all of them do). They are amazing people!  I think that it is so interesting that even though I have come to Panama, I am finding and teaching people from the Phillipines.  They happen to have lived close to where Dad, Ryan, and Cambria have served.  They are such a delightsome people.  I love them!  I feel like they look a lot like us.  Every time I look at one of our recent converts, it reminds me of Aunt Pam or Mom.  It is amazing.  If it wasn´t me, I would say that we have ancestors from China and the Phillipines.  I will send you some pictures of them.

In the lesson that we had with them after the Conference, it was really an amazing experience to teach them in English :):):).  I asked how they had felt during the Conference.  A smile and joy filled my heart as they said that they couldn´t describe the feelings that they had had.  I love it when people feel the Spirit.  They will read the Book of Mormon and gain a testimony.  I cannot wait for it! 

I have been studying in the first chapters of Nephi.  It is amazing how much you can learn from the Spirit in just the first 4 chapters.  I love when I pray to have the Spirit, I sit down to study the scriptures and I can literally feel my heart and mind open up as I read from the pages of the Book of Mormon.  I have had a couple of thoughts about the Book of Mormon in the past little while.  It was said many times in Conference that if you do not feed your spirit, it will die.  Just as we need to keep feeding our bodies to go from day to day, so it is that we need to feed our spirits day by day so that we can have sufficient strength to endure to the end.  It is amazing how many eternal truths are given in the Book of Mormon.  It is such a precious book.

I feel the same way about words from our latter-day prophets.  How I love and delight in General Conference.  I have to say, I felt such a Spirit in this Conference that I have never felt before in any other Conference.  Maybe it's because I can recognize the Spirit more, I wouldn´t know.  But I can tell each of you, that I know that this is the Lord's church and that He is the one who leads it.  Both of President Eyring's talks have inspired me and helped me as I had the Spirit testify to me of what I needed to do.  When President Uchtdorf spoke about the grace of God, my heart was touched.  I was overcome.  I know that no man can make me feel the way that the Spirit makes me feel and the truth that it testifies to me.  I have been having a little of a rough time lately.  I have to say that I have felt my Father's and Savior's love for me in a most special way.  Questions have been answered that have been on my mind for much of my life and my mission.  I love the Lord.

One thing that I noticed is that Laman and Lemuel murmured against their father Lehi and against Nephi because, as Nephi says it, they knew not the dealing of that God who had created them.  Do we murmur against the Lord or His prophet at times?  Do we know not the dealings of our God?  If so, how do we know him? I am thoroughly convinced that the only way to know the love and dealings of our Father in Heaven is to search, and study, and listen to His Word.  As we do it, the Spirit will work within us and we will hearken unto The Word.  I love this eternal truth.  It has brought so much happiness, love, and light into my life.  I know with all of my heart that these things are true.

I love you all with all of my heart.  I know that God answers prayers in His own time and in His own way, but He does answer.  I know that sometimes it is our privilege to experience the bitter and the bad so that we can have a greater appreciation for the good that we have, and for what Jesus Christ has done for each one of us.  I know that He has suffered a perfect Atonement.  Only through Him can we receive a fullness of joy and happiness together :)  Have an amazing week and don't forget to read the Book of Mormon every day before leaving into the world.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: