Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Bruce's email April 28, 2015

Dear Family,

I have much to say but not a lot of time to say it.  Today we had an activity as a mission because we reached a goal that we had put as a mission.  We were able to watch Meet the Mormons.  It is an amazing and inspiring film.  I loved and enjoyed it very much.  We were able to have many treats and snacks.  It was a good and fun activity.

Last week went pretty well.  We are finding more positive investigators now.  Yesica came to church again and we were able to have a family night in the house of a member with many members and her.  It was a great experience.  I love it when I feel the Spirit in a lesson.

Antonio wasn´t very interested after our first visit and he said he was really busy.  We then gave his number to a member to see if that would help him.  The member helped him a lot with all that he had to do.  Now he wants to listen to us and he wants to go to church.  This shows that truly missionary work is done through the members. Only with their help can the work go forward with great success.

My Spanish is going downhill because I am with Elder Jensen.  He is my second white companion, so I think that just speaking English so much is taking it out on me, I have started to notice, even though I can still talk just fine.  I will start to talk more in Spanish.  This is Elder Jensen's last change.

I am glad that everything is going well at home.  What were your favorite General Conference talks?  I loved them all.  I continue to read the Book of Mormon and I continue to learn more and more.  It is amazing how, by the Spirit you can just have new things opened unto you.  Feeling the Spirit has to be the best feeling in the world.  I love feeling the Spirit.  It makes me have greater motivation to never do anything that might disqualify me from having it by my side.  If we have the Spirit, we have direct communication with our Father.  It's glorious.

Sorry for not writing a lot.  I am really tired because we have had a lack of sleep over the past few days and now this week is transfers, so we will get less sleep now.  Pray that I will be able to do it.  Sometimes doing so much administrative stuff makes me feel a little down.  This is helping me for the future to be able to find the way to accomplish it now so that I can also do it in the future.

The Book of Mormon is the clave (Spanish word for 'keystone') of our religion.  Reading from its pages daily will help us in our daily lives.  Satan is prepared and every day he is out to get us.  If we love ourselves, we will take the time to read the Book of Mormon each day, because only then will we have the spiritual strength to resist such temptations.  I know that this is true.

I love you all so much.  I wish I could be with you to tell and express my love for you.  Thank you for your prayers in my behalf, I truly need them.  I have truly learned here that we need the Lord, every hour.  Have a great week full of growth and happiness :)

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: