Monday, April 13, 2015

Bruce's email April 13, 2015

Dearest Loved Ones,

Sometimes I open the email to write to send to all of you and the thought comes to my mind, "now what do I say.. " haha but I am so glad and thank God every day for the amazing family that I have.  I thank you for your emails and prayers in my behalf.  I am trying hard to improve every day and to honor our family name.

I learned something even more in depth about what I learned last week in my personal study.  I studied in 1 Nephi 8 about Lehi´s dream.  If you look in the Book of Mormon, it is so much about family.  Many people don't notice that.  I noticed that in General Conference, much was said about the family.  Everything that happens in the Book of Mormon is related to that as well.  In Lehi's dream he looks for his family and invites them.  He leads them to the love of God.  Although Nephi heeds, Laman and Lemuel do not.  I cross referenced that with what it said in Chapter 2, that they did not know the dealings of their God.  Many scriptures were impressed upon me and I learned a lot.  There are so many things that we can learn from the scriptures.  I loved the talk by the member of the Seventy who said to read the Book of Mormon every day, every day, every day!  That is truly what we need to do.

We have been finding so many people to teach.  It is difficult though because many don't go to church.  They seem so positive and accept everything, yet they don't fulfill all of the commitments that we leave with them.  We have many investigators right now and even have a couple of families.  I love teaching the Restoration.  There is no message that compares with it.  We are truly finding the people that are prepared to receive this message though.

We have great members that are working with us as well that are finding many investigators for us to teach.  We have 3 appointments later today that will be key appointments to see if we will continue to teach them.  I have learned how to contact people on the street without fear of anything.  It is amazing how you can see the nature of a person change as you speak with them about our message.

It was interesting...  This week, we were invited by a member to his house to teach another man that he had contacted while he was taking a taxi.  Turns out the taxi driver was a preacher in the Baptist church.  I don't think the member understood that.  So we went to the cita that the member had planned and we found out a little after that we were with a preacher.  It wasn´t bad, nor were we scared of anything, yet we soon found out that he wasn´t there to listen to us.  Contention soon took over and we had to leave.  It is very interesting how people can believe in the same Christ but have such different views on key points of doctrine.  How grateful I am for a living prophet and the true Church of Jesus Christ today.

I love you all very much.  I just received my leaving date - I will be leaving on October 1st this year right before General Conference, so in about 6 months.
It is pretty crazy to hear about the change of the Bishop in the ward!  Bishop Sill was great.  I know that Bishop Lawson, Brother Talbot, and Brother Strong will do great.  So many changes are happening.

I hope that everything is going well at home.  I love you all so much.  Take care this week.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: