From the Panama Mission Blog:
Our Christmas zone conferences were this week. We visited two orphanages and put on a Nativity for the kids. We also brought some soccer balls, dolls and doll strollers, bubbles (which were a big hit) and a little package for each child that had stickers, playdough, a candy cane and a lollipop.
It was such a neat experience and the kids were so cute. What a great way to get into the Christmas spirit. We went back to the church building and watched the movie, "Ephraim's Rescue." For food we had croissant french toast with whipped cream and strawberry jam, bacon (Sister Carmack, the Mission President's wife, cooked 36 pounds of it for the zone conference) fruit and homemade chocolate chip cookies.
It was such a neat experience and the kids were so cute. What a great way to get into the Christmas spirit. We went back to the church building and watched the movie, "Ephraim's Rescue." For food we had croissant french toast with whipped cream and strawberry jam, bacon (Sister Carmack, the Mission President's wife, cooked 36 pounds of it for the zone conference) fruit and homemade chocolate chip cookies.
These are just a few of the pictures Bruce was in:
Mis Queridos,
Mi Familia Grandota! I love you guys! This week was busy. On Wednesday we had consejos, when the president talks to us to announce issues, tell us announcements, and to help us to help other missionaries. It was really good. I always learn so much from consejos. I love President.
With respect to our area, we have only a couple of investigators. Really, it has been really difficult in the area. I have stressed out a lot. They are going to join a zone to ours. We will have 30 missionaries. They are going to join the first zone I was in, Acalde Diaz, with San Miguelito. It is going to be great, but it is very stressful. Sometimes I struggle a lot with having sufficient faith. It's amazing how such a small situation can humble you. God really loves you enough that He shows you the nothing you really are, but tells you how important you really are to Him. What Moses said comes to mind in this instance. It's almost like a father with his children. With Dad we could do so much good with our lives with his help only. Then we might start to be ungrateful to him, and we forget all of the good he does for us in providing for and loving us. Yet, if we took him away, we wouldn't have had a house, clothes, food, all of the necessities that we needed to be able to do all of the good that we did and are doing. It shows that with Dad, and with our Father in Heaven, we can do so much good and be happy, yet if we are prideful and try and go off on our own, we will soon find out that we can do nothing without their goodness. Yet even when we go out on our own, His arms are outstretched toward us all the day long and He will receive us with joy like in the parable of the prodigal son who went away from his father.
That paragraph has been just a small lesson I have learned this week. This week was very difficult. It is hard. But how can I complain? Thank you for your love and prayers; I feel them, and am grateful for them.
I was thinking of when we could talk this month. I think Christmas or Christmas Eve would be alright. Let me know what you guys think either this week or next. I am so happy that everyone is doing well. I will keep trying to be the best missionary I can be. I love you all so much. Changes are today, so we will see what happens. Everyone take care and be happy in this happy time of year. :) Love you Mom!
Love, Elder Bitter

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment