Hello everyone!
How are you all doing this fine day? I hope that tonight you will all have family night.
This week was a bit of a surprise. I was called on Wednesday in the middle of the day right before we went out to work and they told me that I had changes. I am now in Bella Vista 2 in the Panama Zone. It is in the heart of Panama City with all of the sky scrapers and everything. It is very nice and different. I like it here :) The members are really nice and willing to work and go out with us at anytime. The Bishop and the ward leaders are fantastic. I think that in these past couple days I have lost a lot of weight because we don't eat like I did in Santa Librada. There we were given so much by the members! But here we don't even have one lunch with the members except for Sunday. We do have every dinner with them though. They are so nice and have a great animo for the work. It's nice to be here :)
We are in a companionship of 4 missionaries, but really I am companions with Elder Jensen. He is from Logan, Utah. He is a really great guy, and I can say that in the days that I have been with him I have learned so much from him. He has 18 months. The others are Elder Teichert and Elder Franco. Elder Franco is from Columbia and Elder Teichert is from Wyoming. These are some great elders.
I was thinking about talking to you guys, and I think that we could do it on Christmas Day? What do you think? You can let me know when everyone is going to be home and at what hour would be convenient. I am up for anything. Just let me know and I will fit the schedule. :) I would prefer Christmas Day, but whatever you would like Mom:)
My health is getting well. My face has totally cleared up, but there is still some redness that has a little bit to go, but it has been a real blessing. I have lost some weight, but I do believe that that will change when I eat all of the chocolate that you guys sent to me. Thank you ;) Don't worry, I didn't open the presents, I was trying to find the belt, but accidently ripped the chocolates. But I won't open anything until Christmas! :) The misión has really helped with my self control, haha.
Today we cleaned the house out, because I can't live in a dirty house. I feel like we will be able to have the Spirit there now, and it will be nice. It is a really big house! With us all added up we are 8 missionaries. But we have plenty of room. I looked through old missionaries' stuff and found 4 new slacks, a new belt, and lots of ties, so don't worry Mom or Dad, you guys don't have to send stuff :) I try and get what I can from other missionaries if they aren't going to use their old stuff, because their stuff really works!
We have investigators but we haven't been able to really talk with them all because we have been really busy, but we had 2 confirmations yesterday. We will be working a lot and will put some fechas this week.
I asked President for a blessing a couple of days ago, and he gave it to me yesterday. I have to say that it was so powerful. I almost forgot before that point, the blessings that we can receive if we but ask. I was promised many blessings and much confort was brought. I know that the Spirit prompted me to ask for the blessing. It really felt as sacred as a patriarchal blessing, or a setting apart blessing, there was so much power in the blessings promised and the counsel received.
I hope that all of you, at this time, are focusing on the true meaning of Christmas. Sometimes, without even realizing it, we lose focus of the real point of Christmas. If we burn the food, or if we forget some grand event, if we don't get a present that we wanted, or if something happens that wasn't expected, it will all be okay. Some things just don't really matter. Let us remember Christ at this time of year, for He truly, in His life, remembered us, and His Father, and did all that He needed to do to show His love for us. Let us do the same for Him in our lives, especially at this time. Let us think more of Him, sing more praises, pray a little harder with a little more gratitude. I know that He lives. I know it by the Holy Spirit. The Redeemer of the world :) remember Him!
I love you all so much. I really do. I hope that you have the best and happiest holidays. Think of Christ, and your life will be full of happiness and light. Remember Him always so that we can have His Spirit always. Take care and thank you for your prayers. I will send pictures of my companions next week! Sorry, I didn't bring the cable to my camera... I forgot. :) Take care and let me know about Skype! (on Christmas about mid-day or afternoon would be nice. :)
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment