Monday, December 22, 2014

Bruce's email December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas!  Feliz Navidad!

This week had to be one of the craziest ever.  So many things happened and I can't write in my journal because I never have the time to do it.  That's really sad, but I will count on my emails to help me remember better.  

So we have a truck, but it went in for repairs so we didn't have it this whole last week.  President let us use his car so that we could get a lot of things done.  On Tuesday morning, Elder Teichert and Elder Franco were going to do an errand and Elder Jensen and I decided to stay in the house and do our studies.  Later we found out that they had wrecked.  That was a really scary thing that happened, but they are both perfectly fine and really that alone is a miracle in and of itself.  A gigantic truck hit their side, it should have been a T-bone and they should have rolled.  Yet it happened in such a way that it made them do a 180 and the truck that hit them rolled on its side.  The people in the other truck did have some cuts from the glass and everything, but our companions were perfectly fine.  So we don't have a car anymore and neither does President, except for his wife's car.  We should have it tomorrow.
 
Tuesday night was crazy.  Missionaries every now and again have to go to Migrations to make it legal for them to be here, so there were many missionaries that came in from the interior, or in other words they came from really far away, and turns out that there was a problem there, so the missionaries stayed until late and they didn't have anywhere to sleep.  Elders Franco and Jensen went there to help them out with transportation payment and all of that.  I got a call really late from some sisters that had about 12 sisters in their house and they didn't have enough mattresses so I, with another missionary, had to go with some air matresses and an air pump to their house in a taxi there and back.  It was really a miracle in and of itself that we got a taxi driver that was an investigator of the church who offered to take us the round trip.  

On Thursday and Friday I had the privilege of going to the area for the first time with Elder Teichert.  We met our investigators, members and less-actives.  I love teaching the gospel.  There is no better feeling than to teach and be led by the Spirit to other people.  There is nothing that satisfies more than that.  Oxxxxxx came to church also.  He is a husband of a recent convert, and we are going to work with him and some others.  The members here are so fantastic.  They want to leave with us and give us references all of the time, but it's a little sad because we have so much to do that it is hard to leave with them and make time to spend a lot of time in the area.  We are doing really well in that aspect though. 

On Friday night we got a call late that a sister was trying to get into the emergency room, but they wouldn't let her in without her passport number.  So we hurried and took a taxi from our house to the office building and passed them the number.  We then went to the hospital to see how they were doing.  She is alright, but all I have to say is that when it is hot outside and you are out in the heat, you have to drink water and not soda.  Hagan caso por favor. :)

I am learning a lot from this assignment that I have.  We are able to be with President a lot more.  I am able to talk to him and ask him questions.  It is very nice.  I am learning a lot from my companions too.  I have to say that with the Spirit, everything always becomes clearer, whether it be things of God, or things that are ¨normal¨ or that happen every day that we wouldn't relate to the spiritual side.  I have seen it and am a witness.  I love the Spirit.  That is the only way to truly learn and progress - through the Spirit.  No wonder it is so important that we do it.  

Sorry it's really short, but I have to go now.  About Skype, I will call you at about the 1pm to 2pm window.  I hope that is alright.  If it isn't, shoot me an email alright?  Love you guys so much and I will be able to talk more over Skype to you.  Love you Mom!  Take care everyone. :)

Love, Elder BItter

No comments: