Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Bruce's email August 25, 2014


The Panama Canal!


Service

 A poisonous frog!

Hiking in beautiful Panama!




Hello my wonderful fan club! 

How's everybody?  I am fantastic.  Love it.  This week went really great.  We had changes this last week and I am going to have a fourth change here in Loma Cova 2.  I am pretty happy about that :)  

Tomorrow our Arquimedes will get baptized!  I can't wait!  His daughter is on a mission in Brazil, and she doesn't know yet, so they are going to send her an email today and tell her.  Her birthday is tomorrow, so that will be her birthday present. :)  I couldn't think of a better one.  It is interesting to see how people change on the mission.  Being here for over 4 months, I have seen a lot of people for a long time.  I have seen people change.  

The Light of Christ works in the lives of the children of men to prepare their hearts for the message of the gospel.  We have been working with the less-actives as well.  President kept us in this area because he trusts us.  He told us that the ward has so much potential.  This last week the attendance went up to over 100 :) I can't tell you the feeling of joy that comes when an investigator or a less-active comes to church.  It is too good :)  I love it so much.  Your heart fills up in one second.  

I feel like I need to improve in focusing myself out here and having more charity.  We learn from Peter that if we do so many good works and things, but in the end we don't have charity, we are nothing. Yes, we did a ton of good works and they won't go to waste.  But we are nothing.  What a gift.

I think I am going to buy new garments soon Mom.  I finished my first journal.  By the way, for the Christmas package, I don't want to assume you will send one, but just in case you do, I need a new belt in it, and a new cheap laundry bag from Walmart, and also all of the new pictures :)  Thank you.  I still haven't seen the one you sent for my birthday, but it'll come :)  We are going to move from our house and live with the ZLs because our house is horrible.  I don't know if I told you, but my English nice scriptures have mold all over them.  But it's alright.

I am listening to Cambria's testimony right now.  I just would like to thank her and express my love for her.  Thank you so much for your example Cambria. :)  I feel it.  I love you.  Thank you.  Same with Ryan and Dad - you guys are just my idols :)  That sounds bad, but it's true.  I love you so much and strive to be like you guys more and more.  I feel like I struggle much to try and love the people more than I love myself.  I can feel and see that you truly have charity for the people Cambria.  Thank you for your example:)  Love you with all my heart!  Love you Mom. Take care this week alright? :)  Remember I love you.  Pray for me so that I can be a better missionary here.  I love you.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: