Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bruce's email September 1, 2014

Cuentenme!

O Esta, Todo Bien!  Thank you for sending me the exciting news.  I am overflowing with smiles and happiness for you :)  Not gonna lie, I prefer it this way.  I would have preferred it as soon as possible, or in a year - so in my opinion, you took a good pick :)  I am so happy for you Cambie and Ronnie!  You guys are so great together!  You can even have your own love language, speaking in code!  That's really cool.  I am really so happy for you guys and hope that you send me pictures and everything!

This week was a good week. We had the baptism of Arquimedes.  It was the one of the best experiences.  It is so amazing to see someone totally change through Christ, then make a covenant with Him.  Truly no other work brings better satisfaction.  I am so happy!  So many people are coming to church now.  We are really improving the area, the attendance, and we are baptizing.  We will have at least 2 other baptisms this month and I am planning on 4.  Edson will get baptized this Sunday and Isair the next Saturday.  We will try and marry Edson's parents and have them baptized before the end of this month. The goal is the temple!  Verdad? :)

Everything is going well with my health, just my face is suffering.  I have bad acne. The heat and humidity is literally killing my face.  I bought some products today and hope they will help me, haha but I am doing pretty great :) learning a ton!

Truly the Lord blesses us a hundred fold what we give to Him. I have learned more in a year than I would in 5.  It is so amazing to see how fast learning goes.  That doesn't mean that knowledge on the mission comes without effort.  It means that God rewards us so much and is so merciful when we serve Him.  He truly rewards His servants.

We are going to move houses tomorrow.  We will move into a house not as humid so that my stuff won't mold anymore.  Happiness!  It will be close to the church too . We will be with the ZLs too - Elder Teichert from Wyoming and Elder Hernandez from Honduras.  They are good elders.  I have really become friends with Teichert.  He is a good guy.  We have the same time in the mission.

God truly helps us with His work.  He doesn't put us somewhere and just leave us alone.  He is with us every step of the way.  I know it.

I don't really know what else to say... only that I truly know that this work is true.  The best way to learn is by the Spirit.  I have had such understanding of the doctrine and the purpose of life at times as I read and drink deeply from the pages of scripture and books from the church.  How much I know, and have come to know, of the love of not only the Savior for us, but of our very Father in Heaven.  We come to know more of His love by reading the scriptures and learning of Him and of Christ.  

I will be sure to send the pictures of the baptisms of Arquimedes and Edson to you guys.  Have a great week!  Love you, Mom :)  Thank you so much for your emails.  I love reading them.  I find such strength in them.  Take care and read the scriptures!

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: