Dear Family,
How happy I am right now! :) How is everybody doing? From what I read, you are all doing fantastic. I love the things that you share with me and all of the counsel that you give me. Truly it helps me - every bit :) I can't believe that Charise is about to have another child sent straight from heaven. What a gift to be able to have the same feelings for our children as our Father has for us. Cambria and Ron, I am so excited for you! I have kind of forgotten that the fecha was coming up so quickly! Wow - 10 days. In 10 days you will be with each other forever! What a glorious and happy thought. I am proud and happy for you! Wish I could be there to help organize all of the presents and help you guys lift a bunch of tables and do all that good stuff. You can set a picture of me in the family line :)
So changes, or transfers, are on Wednesday. So I will know where my next area will be in the next couple of hours. Or if I stay... Most of the time 6 months is the majority of time spent in an area. I believe that I will leave Loma Cova 2, the place where I have learned and progressed SO MUCH. I can't believe the change that has taken place in me in just a year's time. It truly could only be brought to pass by God and because of His love for me. I love all that I have learned :)
This last week was really great! We got a lot of references and have a lot of new investigators for us to work with. I think that they are very positive as well. We have a fecha with Los Arias. The parents of Edson got married and now they are going to get baptized on the 18th of October. I am so happy for this! :) It is a miracle to see the change that has taken place in the Arias family home. I love that family. They have served me so much as I have had the privilege to serve them, as well as all of the other families in our ward. It is sad to think that I will leave them, whether it be now or in another change. Yet I am grateful for how much joy I have felt for serving here.
Mom asked a couple of questions... Also, I don't want you guys to worry about the money taken out of my bank account. First of all, today we went to Zona Libre, and I bought some new shoes for $60 that will last me the rest of my mission. They are caterpillar shoes that look really good and will last a long time. I also helped my companion buy a camera. It was $100. He is going to pay me right now as he transfers the money and takes it out of the bank. There was a problem with it so he couldn't use it when we went to Zona Libre, so I helped him out. Thank you for providing me with money sufficient for my needs. I feel so confident now in my shoes :) The shoes that I bought from CTR clothing are still good. They are getting worn down a lot, but they are still alright. But from now on I won't have to worry about shoes. :) All the rest of my clothing is good; the shirts, socks, slacks, ties. I am going to whiten my shirts today. Everything is going well. I also bought a new speaker to play my Tabernacle Choir music because the other one blew out cause I think I played it so loud or it just got worn over time... But I am happy :) My face is clearing up really well with this Nutrogena stuff that I am using. In our house we have a tin roof so when it rains you can't hear anything. The floors are cement, and there are no glass windows. The members feed us every meal that we have other than Mondays. It is really nice, and a blessing. Sometimes at night we will get a dog that jumps out from the bushes and tries to bite us, but that just helps unplug our veins a little bit more. It's good for the health. We have to walk so far. I don't think I will ever take a car to church ever again in my life, especially because when I get there, I won't be soaked through with sweat. I get along with my companion really well. We are good friends. We laugh a lot and talk a lot and analyze situations. It is really edifying. I love my Panamanian!
There are so many lessons learned, attributes acquired, and changes that I would love to share with you all right now, but there is just not enough time to adequately describe and share those experiences with you at this time. I am so happy for all of you - all that you write and tell me, and all that is going on. I am soooooooo excited for General Conference. :):):) What a treasure! It truly is milk and honey without price. I miss you all so much! I love you and hope that everything is going well. Take care this week. I love you Mom :) Next time I will include more. Love you guys!
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment