Que sopa familia,
Wow. It's amazing how fast time goes by. It's amazing how much we can change and progress if we give ourselves to the Lord. This week was a good week. I don't know why but this change has been a slower one; well, at least for the last 3 to 4 weeks. But everything is going forward :)
We are doing great. On the 26th a spiritual giant will finally enter the waters of baptism. This has been a wait of anticipation. Arquimedes has just changed so much. I love him. He will make such a great priesthood holder and strength to the church in our area. In church about 5 Melchizedek Priesthood holders come - and that is on a good day. Most of the time it's just four of us missionaries and one or two others. But he comes every Sunday. I love it. We also have an investigator that will be baptized the 6th of September. Edson is really great. He is kind of like how Joseph Smith was, going to every single church to find out for himself. Maybe his motives might be a little different, but he is so great. He will get baptized. :) The thing we need to focus on more, especially this week is finding more investigators.
As I was reading the Book of Mormon today, I read the story of Ammon among the Lamanites. I read the chapter where he was shown to have such great power. Then I asked myself, 'How did he gain such great power to help the work in the area he was in with King Lamoni?' I went back and looked at the 'how' in the chapter before and I think I found a formula that I am going to apply. :) I have been thinking about it a lot... and really, I have been a little selfish - with my thoughts, words, and things out here on the mission. I have been thinking of myself a lot lately... or all during the mission, even though it doesn't seem like it. It's good to look at a thought and ponder if it is a little selfish thought, or if it is a selfless thought centered toward someone else, or Christ. I have decided to just give up all. I was thinking and reading, and it came to me that really, God can do more with us than what we can do with ourselves. So I will try to give myself up to Him totally. Sometimes in my life I have thought, wow, I am going to church and praying and I go to the temple every once and a while. I can be okay in where I am. That is so wrong! God expects us to keep progressing and growing! Oh the knowledge that has come out here.
Sorry for rambling on. But we have some other investigators too. Yovanka got baptized on Friday so that was way great and a happy day!
My health is well, I got burnt today but it's alright. There is a rash on my right leg but it's okay. The headaches are totally gone. I got my shoes sewed to help them last. My ties remolded so I will clean them with Clorox again. My scriptures are moldy too. It's really sad - my nice leather English ones. But it's alright.
I hope that this week is amazing. Make sure you just give Cambi a hug for me on Thursday. :) I miss you guys tons, but there is nothing that competes with being in the work of God. :) Through what He has given us, we can be happy. Now it's my turn to be out here to help others have the same thing that has changed and shaped my life. I love you Mom! Happy Birthday everybody! :) Can you believe that I am 19? I can't either. Les amo tanto! Espero que tengan una buena semana. Les quiero, y que sea la mejor reunion con Cambria y con toda la familia! Cuidense.
Con Amor, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment