Monday, August 4, 2014

Bruce's email August 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom :) and Ryan and Alisha! :)

It's birthday week! :) Wow!  I remember when we all got our picture in the paper for having our birthdays four in a row, and I felt so great.  It still is so great.  Birthday week - my first one away from home.  But Happy Birthday my loved ones! :) Can you guys believe that I am 19?  I am an old man.  It is interesting to look at our family picture that Mom sent to me and look at myself in the mirror now.  How much I have changed and grown, both physically and spiritually.  It is amazing how much the Lord helps us and blesses us for just doing a small errand for Him.  How much love He has for us!

This week we had interviews with President Carmack. They went well!  One thing that I loved that he said is that he said he doesn't have to worry about Elder Bitter.  I was really grateful for that.  I also asked him some questions and he gave me some advice.

My health is doing really well.  I started to drink more water like Mom told me to and it actually helps a ton!  The rashes have gone down, but when we work and sweat it still comes back.  But at least it's being maintained.  Thanks Mom!  I sweat so bad guys, from just walking from the house to lunch I am soaked through my garmets and shirt.  Then my slacks start too.  It's really crazy.  But it's alright. :)  I can't wait to feel that Utah snow!

I am now playing the piano every Sunday in Sacrament Meeting.  It is really nice.  I love playing the piano. :)  I really love it.  I am reading the Book of Mormon non-stop right now.  My testimony has grown so much.  I can testify to every one of you, without Mom and Dad telling me, that I know this to be true, for myself.  I truly feel like God has showered his blessings on me and is truly converting me.  He is blessing me with a firm conviction that is going to help me through the rest of my life.  I know it.  What joy there is in my heart from knowing these things! :)

I don't have much to write, just that I need to improve a lot in working harder and improving in all of my imperfections - but I am truly being helped.  Thank you for your love and your prayers.  I truly miss you all so much.  I can't wait for you all to see Cambria again next week! :) I will try and keep the honor of the Bitter name and the person (Elder Bruce R. McConkie) who I was named after.  Thank you so much, all of you. :) Love you Mom.  Happy Birthday Ryan and Lish! :) Love you guys more than anything!

Cuidense mucho! Les amo. Disfruten su semana con toda la familia.  No se preculpen por mi. Estoy en la obra del Senor:)

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: