Monday, August 18, 2014

Bruce's email August 18, 2014

Querido Familia,

I am so happy :) That is so great that Cambria is home safe and sound!  Everybody looks so different.  It is so weird to look at that picture and see everybody so.... changed :) in a good way of course.  I am so grateful for my family.  What a tender mercy that I have in my life.  I love every single one of you.

This week was normal, but some experiences will never be forgotten.  I have saved a spot in the back of my journal to write down in just a few words an experience, so that when I get home, I can just look at the sentence and remember the experience and share it.  If I tried to write all of them, it would take too long.  

This week something special happened with our investigator, Edson.  He has a fecha para el 6 de Septiembre.  He is such a willing guy, but he kind of has his doubts.  He didn't like how we said that this was the true church and a couple of other things.  We had taught him the first 2 lessons.  This week we taught him the 3rd lesson.  Yet this time was different.  I literally could see a change in him. He was willing to hear us and told us he wanted to know more.  With everything, he understands it. It's amazing.  I thought I would just share that.  I am so excited.  

I hope that I stay in this area to see him and Arquimedes get baptized.  I hope.  Changes are Wednesday, we find them out later today.  I don't know what will happen.  We will see.  It is hard sometimes because you will have a contact or a investigator, but then you won't be able to get a hold of them for a long time because they are never home or just aren't home when they say they will be.  We are trying to help the less-actives here a lot.  I am really grateful for a piece of advice Ryan gave to me that I will use.  I had had thoughts about that before, but it came in all clear with his advice.  Thank you Ryan the tyin!

The package didn't come Mom.  I'm not sure why, but it will probably come later.  By the way, they switched the package address.  The other will still make it, but in the future, I will send you another email with the packaging address.

I am really so happy about Cambria!  What a great example to all. :)

I have started to read the Bible, the Old and New Testaments, and the Book of Mormon, in Spanish and English.  It's so crazy fun!  It is so amazing.  I wish I would have read the Old Testament before the mission.  I love it! :)  I am such a geek now haha.  I love reading so much.

I would just like to bear my testimony about something that I have had strengthened this week.  On Sunday, we went to get my companion's patriarchal blessing.  To do that, we had to take a Diablo Rojo, or a bus, to the city.  The buses play all sorts of ugly music and there are people who aren't the most clean there.  As I was on the bus, I started to sing hymns and Primary songs.  Although I was in a dirty place where music was booming and people yelling and all kinds of chaos, I had one of the most sacred experiences of my life.  This truly testifies to me that we can truly live in the world and not of the world.  We can focus our lives on Jesus Christ and He will protect us from Satan's grasp (Helaman 5:12).  I can't describe to you the love and peace that I felt while singing the songs about Christ.  I felt something that I can never deny or forget.  I truly know that God loves us.  His love is available to all.  We will feel His love more and more for us as we seek Him.  I testify of Christ.  I know that He lives!  He loves us with an infinite kind of love; something more attractive and desirable than the pleasures and temptations of the world.  He can only invite.  He makes the invitation to us: Come unto me, and ye will find rest unto your souls.  I know His love.  Although I am only 19 years old and am not great in knowledge or words, I know it.  Stay strong.  Keep the faith.  Christ lives. Everything will be okay.  We will overcome death and live together with those we love in a state of everlasting happiness. :)  I know this to be true. 

Thank you for all of your love toward me.  I love you Mom. :)  Whenever you feel like you just don't want to do the simple things, such as prayer or scriptures study, that is when your spirit needs it the most.  Have a great week full of the Spirit. :)  Love you guys.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: