I loved the world-wide devotional given by Elder Lynn G. Robbins. He talked about testimony; the difference between atheism and a perfect knowledge. That came to my mind this week. This week we had the privilege of having a visit from Elder Alonso of the First Quorum of the Seventy. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had. I loved everything about his visit. On Wednesday we had a Zone Conference for 3 of the zones in the city, Colón, Chorrera, and Arraiján in Cácares. It was a fantastic experience. I marveled at how much knowledge Elder Alonso had. Now that I think of it, I am not too surprised. That day we talked of many things.
I just feel my testimony grow that truly, in this church, these leaders and men are called of God. I really have no doubt in my mind. I have had it revealed to me. My knowledge is perfect in that thing. Both when I listen to and read the addresses given in General Conference, and when I listen to them in person, the Spirit tells me that it is true. On Friday, we had the other Zone Conference with the zones of Panamá, San Miguelito., and Tocumen. It was very edifying. It is interesting that everything that happened was directed by the Spirit. After both Zone Conferences, Elder Alonso had interviews with some of the missionaries. I had the privilege of having an 'interview' with Elder Alonso. That was a new experience! :) We didn't really have a legit interview - mostly he just asked me if I had any questions for him and I had 3 specific questions, and it was a very edifying experience.
I can truly testify to all that I know without a doubt in my mind that our Heavenly Father loves us. He does hear and answer our every prayer. I know it. I know it with all of my heart. I have seen it so many times that I truly can testify of it. On Saturday, we had the Consejos with all of the leaders in the mission. It was such an edifying experience. I received much instruction from on high. I may tell you the experience after I return because of how sacred it was to me, but I can honestly testify more now than ever that God loves us and that he hears and answers prayers. I see it every day. I know it is true. :)
Elder Jensen is going home now so I will know my new companion this week! It's crazy that he is already returning. Time passes quickly and surely.
Yesterday afternoon we went to a gathering of a bunch of Filipino people. Only 3 of them who go to our ward, were members. It is amazing how kind the Filipino people are. It was so easy to talk to them. I talked to them about how Dad, Ryan, and Cambria had served there in Manila and in Bacolod. We talked about their language, their food, and culture. We were able to talk about many things. Over the next little while the members will be talking with them so that we can teach them. They are such a sweet and humble people. I love teaching and being with them. It was a sweet experience.
I was also able to go to work in the ghetto this week. I went with the elders in our same ward to a part of the ward called Curundú. It was great. I loved it. ELder Jensen went to San Blas. I wasn't able to go because I stayed for the Consejos with Elder Alonso. But I am glad that I was able to work in the ghetto. :) We contacted many people and found many new investigators. I was able to be more bold than I ever have been.
The Spirit of God is real. I have felt it illuminate my mind and direct my thoughts, actions, and words. I know that all of these things are true. I am so grateful for the knowledge and goodness of God; that He grants these things unto us. I love the scripture Ether 12:6. We truly do not receive a testimony until after the trial of our faith. I know that to be true with all of my heart. The Book of Mormon is the Word of God. Joseph Smith is a true prophet and Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's prophet today. God loves us. Through Christ we can find peace and we can be cleansed of our sins. I know these things to be true with all of my heart.
I was able to read my patriarchal blessing this week, and by the Spirit, I was able to have more clarity brought to my mind, and now I know even with more clarity what I am to do with my life. I know that God loves us and that He wants us to know that.
I love you all so much:)
Con Cariño, Elder Bitter

No comments:
Post a Comment