Dear Family,
Mucho pasó la semana pasada. Me siento como si hubiensen pasado más de 3 semanas. Hemos hecho mucho. Estoy muy cansado pero allí vamos. Tengo mucho ánimo para trabajar en el área y en la misión también. Estoy muy feliz :)
I have a new companion now. His name is Elder Machado. He's from El Salvador. He is a great guy. He has been a member for only 2 years and is outstanding. Well, tonight we are driving out to David in Chiriquí and we are going to do interviews. We had done interviews last week to finish in the city, and are going to do the ones in the Interior this week. It will be a long drive. President will fly out. After the interviews, we will be able to do divisions out there. I will be close to the Costa Rica border. It will be a good, fun time.
Elder Jensen went home as well. I miss that guy. He was a great missionary! I learned a lot from him. I have already learned a lot from my new companion. The first couple of days I was a little disanimated because the Spanish wasn't rolling off of my tongue that easily but now it has come a long way. I feel like my Spanish is at its height. I can speak with the best accent I have ever had and I can always ask my companion questions so that I know how to speak better.
On Sunday we had the whole day to work in our area, and it was heaven. I miss just doing that every day, to be completely honest. We went to the ghetto part in Curundú where I had taken the photos when I was with Elder Jensen a long time ago. We found many less-active families, many young men who need to serve missions, and a couple of new investigators. I have that feeling like right before a soccer or basketball game that makes me just want to go play and win and score a goal or make a basket right now. I just want to go. It's a real blessing. Thank you for all of your prayers in my behalf because I really do feel them, and I feel of your support and love.
Something that I really loved was a message that I read in the Liahona. Trusting in the Assurances of the Lord, I think it was called. I recommend it to all. It touched my heart. I love the living scripture that we receive in our day. It is glorious.
We will be working a lot in the area with the youth that need to go on missions. We have many members that are willing to support us. On Sunday we were able to talk with everyone and set things up. I feel like when I am señor in the area, I just feel more responsibility for all that happens, so then I start to pay attention more, and the Spirit speaks to me and tells me the things that we should do in the area and in the mission. The bishop is showing a warm shoulder to us as well. But it just seems like everything is going well. I am grateful for the privilege to serve.
I will be sure to take many fotos in the Interior of everything, so that next week you will have many things to see and hear. I love you all very much. I know the work is true. Stay strong this week. Go to the temple. Say your prayers and look for the miracles :)
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment