Monday, June 22, 2015

Bruce's email June 22, 2015

My dearest family,

I feel good.  This week went really well.  We were able to travel to the Interior last Monday night.  We arrived really late at about 3:00am.  I had the privilege of driving.  It was great!  On Tuesday, President Carmack arrived by plane and we started with the interviews in David first, in the morning.  While Elder Machado and I would do the trainings, the secretaries would go to do house inspections.  It was a good use of time for all of us.  

I am really grateful for the Spirit.  I really have seen the impressions of the Spirit so much more this past little while.  The key to that is prayer.  The Lord promises that He will give us His Spirit by the prayer of faith.  In order to have the Spirit and to know what God would say and do, as President Eyring said last conference, prayer is required.  I am grateful that our Father in Heaven gives us such wonderful gifts as we pray in faith to Him.

The trainings were fantastic.  First we talked about some things that our general authorities have told us to do, then we went to a question section.  With all of the missionaries there giving answers and asking questions, it was a very edifying experience and the Spirit was there.  Afterwards, we went to Concepción.  That is the zone that is closest to the Costa Rica border.  After that I was able to go on divisions with Elder Rodriguez (whom I had trained) and Elder Garay.  They are good elders.  I learned much with them. 

I have truly seen that as I listen and pray, the Spirit tells me how to act, what I should say to others and how to say it, and what I should do.  What a great tender mercy.  Wednesday morning we went to District Meeting in Puerto Armulles, which is right next to the border and the coast.  It was a cool experience.  It was an hour and a half bus ride from the city where we were at (Bugaba).  We then proselyted the rest of the day.  It was good.  The next day we drove all the way back to the city. 

I have to say, due to Panamaneon drivers, my driving skills have gone a bit wacky.  I drive a little crazy.  You should see how they drive out here.  President Carmack had lived in New York for years and he said that they drive crazier here, so I drive as crazy as they do, but intelligently, so don't worry Mom.

I have really started to write more in my journal; thoughts of the Spirit when they come.  I was not very good at that before, but now I am able to write down the impressions that I have and the little lessons that I am taught as I ponder.  I love it when the Spirit teaches you just as you ponder and listen.  What a blessing.  In the area, we were able to teach an investigator named Brother Aguilar.  He is part of a member/less-active family.  We haven't been working too well in the area due to all of our traveling, but there was something special about that lesson.  You´ll have to remind me to tell you that story when I get back but it has much to do with the Spirit.  

There is one experience that I will share.  We went to Curundú again (a ghetto part of our area) and visited some less-active elderly women.  There was the grandma, her daughter, and a grandchild/nephew named Josue.  He was about 3-4 years old.  When we arrived they had been rubbing some type of dry soap on his stomach.  When we sat down, they told us that he had a stomach ache.  I had the impression to offer and give him a blessing.  We offered and they said that it was alright to proceed.  I preformed the first part, and my companion the second.  After the blessing we started to talk a little more, but no more than 2 minutes later, he said that he felt better and that the pain had gone.  We continued with teaching and sharing, and before we had finished, he was jumping everywhere and screaming, having the time of his life. :)  I thought, how much God does love the little children and He heals them and blesses them.  How precious they are to Him.  How much He loves us.  I know that He loves us.  With all of my heart I do.  

I have truly felt, now more than ever, a strong bond between our Father in Heaven and I.  I have had so many sacred experiences.  They are so special to me.  As it says in my patriarchal blessing, I know even more of the love that He has for me because of these tender mercies.  I testify of His love, and that He has shown it through His Son, Jesus Christ. :)  I know these things are true for myself.  How glorious it is to have my own knowledge of the goodness of God our Father!  I know.
I am grateful that I was born of goodly parents, who have taught me what I need to do to return to my heavenly home. Happy Fathers Day, Dad!  I love you and Mom so much!

Remember that our Father wishes to communicate with us through prayer.  Don´t forget to pray :)

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: