Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Bruce's email June 2, 2015





Querida familia,

Mensaje Semenal para todos.  Les amo y les extraño bastante.  Espero que todo vaya bien en casa.  Todo me va bien aquí.  Disculpenme que no pudo escribirles la semana pasada.  Es que no tenía mucho tiempo entonces solo pudo leer sus correos que me enviaron y enviarle a mamá uno corto.  Me pregunto a veces cuando les ecribo en el español que estén pensando... pero si lo ponen en Google Translate, tal vez va a salir algo parecido;)

Dearest family, sorry that I didn´t write last week.  I love you so much, I hope you know!  I hope that everything has gone well this week.  I will try and write you the big email you deserve.

First of all, everything is turning into a roller coaster - just day after day.  Elder Jensen went out to the Interior with ELder Teichert on divisions because they were going to do some visits to Elder Jensen's old area and Elder Teichert did the same.  They left Friday and arrived today.  So I was in divisions with some Zone Leaders.  It went well.  It felt weird though because Elder Jensen is leaving, and I have been with him for 6 months.  I feel like I am leaving the office too because I don't know this area without him being here.  It will be interesting who my next companion will be.

I think that it is really interesting how our Father in Heaven hears and answers prayers.  It really requires faith.  We do not see Him, yet we see little evidences, or rather, we see the answers from Him to our prayers.  I sometimes have prayed more specifically for certain things and sometimes we do not see any change, yet I know that whoever we are praying for receives the blessing.  I know that you all have been praying for me, which I am so grateful for.  I can feel of your love.  It touches my heart.  I love the thought of my big family praying for me.  It is humbling.  Thank you for your small acts of love in my behalf. :)  The mission is improving.  I don't know how... I have had the talk of Elder Andersen come to my mind when he talked about how the Lord moves His work forward, and in the Book of Mormon many times when it talks about how the Lord works according to our faith.  

We are starting to baptize more people.  This last month we peaked on an amount of baptisms that we haven't had since May of last year.  Just in November we were at an all time low, and then in February it was the lowest we have had in years.  Then, with much prayer and stress, the Lord has helped us.  I just am awed by the miracle that I am seeing.  I cant explain it.  I know now that I can be a witness unto others of the miracles of the Lord and that He truly is at the head of His work.  I know that this work is true because there is no way it would be brought to pass without His almighty hand helping us.  I am happy and am so grateful for the blessings that are being poured out upon this nation, and upon us.

We still have many things to improve.  That is why I am so awed.  We haven't really done anything ourselves.  We have just tried to change the mission, be more obedient, and the Lord has seen our faith.  We have great leaders in the mission who are taking charge.  I am grateful for the Lord's blessings.

In our own area it has been difficult.  Many times we have so much to do that we cannot concentrate all of our efforts there.  I wish there were two of me at times haha:)

I did divisions in my old area on Friday - in San Miguelito, Santa Librada!  It was great!  I was able to help them with some old contacts that I had had just my last week in that area, and now those people are investigating the church.  I think that it is interesting that now with as much time that I have in the mission,  I can help others.  I can receive the guidance needed to help others so that the work will move forward.

At times I would like more time to focus on my personal progress and personal metas (goals) like I could before, without having so much to do, but I have figured out that when we lose ourselves in the service of others, we have more personal growth than we ever could just trying alone.

I have had some hard times the last couple of weeks, but I know that trials help us.  I am grateful for them because they help test our faith and help us to stay strong and on God's side . I know that President Monson is a prophet and that all of the apostles are called of God to do His work.  I know that they are His authorized servants.  There is no doubt in my mind.  I know it.  I hope that everything goes well this week.  I love you all so much!  Give your children a squeeze for Elder Bitter.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: