Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bruce's email March 30, 2015

Querida Familia,

Esta semana me fue muy bien. Me encantó cada momento, y no puedo esperar hasta ver la Conferencia General este fin de semana. Nunca me imaginaba que pudiera un día hablar el español así. Estoy agradecido por el privilegio que el Señor me ha dado de servirle y de aprender tanto en su servicio.

My Spanish is good, but I feel like I am not at my full potential because Elder Jensen and I speak English together :)  How is everyone doing?  I miss you all!  Wow, General Conference is already here!!!  That is a mind blower.  I can't believe that this is my last General Conference in the mission.  I will take advantage.  I am going in prepared this time, with specific questions, for me and for investigators.  I can't wait to receive the great word! :) I challenge all of you to go to Conference with a question(s) or with a desire, and the Lord will help you with such a thing.  Pray that your mind and heart will be prepared to receive the messages that will be given.  What a blessing it is that the Lord speaks to us through living prophets.

This week was a good week.  It wasn´t as productive in our area because we weren´t able to be there for 3 days.  Monday night Elder Jensen didn´t feel very good.  I think that he ate something that made him a little sick.  That slowed us down a little bit.  We worked in the area all day Tuesday.  We had a great day that day.  On Wednesday we had the District Leader Training in the city.  That went really well.  We had 3 parts, President did one part: Inspired Baptismal Interviews, Elder Jensen did one part: Uplifting District Meetings, and I did a different part: Inspired Divisions and Contact with Other Missionaries.  It went really well.  I really enjoyed it.  At first it was different because it is the first time we have done training separately, but it was a success.  We separated all of the leaders into 3 groups and had 30 minute rotations.  It went really well.  We then all met up in the end and talked about a couple of things and answered questions that others had.  

Then we had to do Elder Jensen's college things because he goes home in June, so he needs to start doing all of that fun stuff.  It got me thinking about what I am going to do when I get home.  It's interesting how you don't really have to think about your future on the mission, the Lord just kind of gives you a vision of what you should do, and you just know without even sorting it out.  I love it :)

We woke up early Thursday morning and flew out to David with President.  It was a great experience.  We arrived early, President rented a car, and we arrived to the training on time to start at 8:30 am.  We did the exact same training that we did in the city.  It is interesting how different groups of missionaries learn different things.  If you let the Spirit guide, you won't teach the exact same thing nor use the exact same style in the other groups.  That is what I love about the Spirit.  It is the same with an investigator.  The gospel is the same and it helps everyone, but the Spirit helps you adapt and apply it to the person's needs that they have.  

After the training we ate lunch, talked with the Zone Leaders, and then went to the Zone of Concepción, by the Costa Rica border.  We went there to do interviews that President has to do every 4 months.  While he did interviews, Elder Jensen went with Elder Weston to go to every house and do House Inspections, while I stayed with Elder Rodriguez and did the training.  It was great!  Elder Rodriguez is the missionary I trained in Loma Cová, the Panamañeon.  He is the best! :)  I loved seeing him and talking with him. That was a great experience to do that with him.  Much was learned and we were able to help the missionaries with how to use the Book of Mormon and how to answer investigators questions with it.  Friday we did the same thing with Zone David.  It was a great experience.  I loved being by President and talking with him.  I learned a lot about him and how great he is.

Well, I have to go now.

I love you all so much.  Take advantage of this time to prepare for General Conference.  Listen to the words that the prophets and the Spirit will speak to you.  I love you so much!

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: