Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Bruce's email March 16, 2015





Good afternoon family,

I love you all so much.  I love being a missionary.  Today we are going to receive the changes (transfers).  This is the fastest change I think that I have ever had in the mission.  It just seems like the time keeps passing too fast.  I feel like I am being robbed, yet being given so many blessings at the same time.  I have to say, being in the service of the Lord isn´t easy, but it really is the best thing you could ever do.

This past week I have been listening with Elder Jensen to the New Testament in Spanish in the car on the discs.  I love Jesus Christ´s example that He has given to all of us.  I love His words that He says so lovingly and humbly.  I have to say, it is so attractive and wonderful to even think about Christ and to have His attributes.  I wish to be like Him. Sometimes even as a missionary it is difficult because sometimes there is just so much to do.  But I always love just remembering Him and His example.

It is odd.  For the last little while, I have been asking people as I speak to them in the street if they have seen God.  All reply no.  I then ask them how they know He even exists.  Many cannot answer.  Even though they say that they know He is, they cannot tell me how they do, other than saying that it is written in the Bible.  The invitation that Christ gives to us is to knock and it shall be opened.  If we want to know, we can know, we just have to have the desire and will power to know it.

Eleuterio is still progressing.  We are going to teach him today.  He is just an amazing person and as we teach him more and more, the love that I feel for him grows.  I love what President Eyring said in October Conference a couple conferences ago, when he said that if we pray for it, we will be able to feel Christ's love and compassion for others when they are in need.  I know this to be true.

As missionaries, we invite people to come and see - to come to Christ, and to come and know for themselves from God.  I have my own testimony.  I am just so humbled and filled with the love of Christ when I think of all of my failings and errors, but that if I repent and keep the commandments, I can be completely cleansed through Christ.  It is just the deepest act of love - what He did for us. I am trying to help others to see this and that is what I love to do.  God wants all to know of His love, so that is why we need to share it with others, and as we do it, we will, little by little, become like Him.

Sorry for the shortness of the letter today.  I am very thoughtful at the moment.  Thank you for all of your love for me and your prayers.  I love you all.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: