Monday, March 23, 2015

Bruce's email March 23, 2015

Hello Family,

How is everyone this fine week?  This was a nice week for me.  I was able to have some good grateful thoughts as I remembered Dad and Mom´s anniversary.  What a blessing! :)  Thanks to the righteous decision of our parents, we are a family and we are happy.  What a blessing our parents are to us.  Could you even imagine your lives without one of us?  I couldn´t.  I am so grateful for our family and the love that we have.

This week we were able to go with President Carmack and do interviews, while doing house inspections and trainings.  It was a good killing 3 birds with one stone.  We also were able to get a lot of work done in the area. 

We are finding people, but truly it is like shoving a bunch of dirt in a tin pan and looking for the gold.  You meet so many people; but if you don't meet all of those people, you don't have the chance of meeting the chosen ones.  We currently have 2 investigators progressing.  Their names are Dorrindo and José.  They are the best.  

I remember reading in a talk, one of my favorites, given by President Eyring, 'Bind up Their Wounds' I think it was called.  He states that if we desire and pray for it, God will give us the same feelings of love that He has for the people that we serve.  As I serve and teach, I truly have felt my love increase toward the people that I come in contact with.  I love it :)  There is nothing more sweet than to feel love toward a person and desire the best for them.  Missionary work is the best.

Sometimes I wish I had more time to just be in the area everyday.  I just love teaching and meeting people.  We had Stake Conference on Saturday and Sunday.  José came on Sunday! :)  We went to his house early in the morning and he got ready and went with us.  He is the most humble and lovable man!  I truly feel like I become more like Christ as I do the things that we are doing, because that is how it is described in the scriptures.  I love doing this stuff.  I will be the world's greatest home teacher when I get home.  The second counselor from the Area Presidency was there, Elder Alonso.  I love that man.  I can testify that he is a servant of God.  I felt the Spirit so powerfully as he spoke.  I felt his love, which doesn't always happen on all occasions.

His visit has changed me and what I want to become.  I want my testimony to be stronger and my conversion to be truer.  The way that God helps us with those things is if we do His work. There are many trials and hardships out here in the mission field, yet as it is in life, the sweet and happy moments make you totally forget about any bitter ones you might have. :)

I know that this is the work of the Lord and that He leads the church.  I know it - with all of my heart.  This is the truth. :)  Share it with others, especially at this General Conference time.  I love you all so much!  Be happy and have joy, because we have every reason in the world to do it. :)

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: