Dear Family,
I do hope that everyone had a fantastic week full of growth. I am so grateful for the privilege that I have to serve. Isn't that a privilege? When we are serving others, we are in the service of the Master. That would be able to be applied to my favorite scripture. (Mosiah 5:13)
I cannot even begin to describe or explain all that I have learned here in the mission field. I can tell you all that when we serve, we truly are given more. As you read the scriptures, you begin to see that they are true more and more, and your testimony grows. That is the Spirit, and that gives you the desire to learn and progress even more to a higher level than you are at the moment.
I was able to go to the San Blas Islands this last week. We left Tuesday morning and returned Saturday night. I can't tell you how many spiritual experiences and growth that I received just in that small time of being in that place. I saw really humble conditions, and was able to see things and experience things that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I saw examples of living the gospel until the end of our lives. I am so grateful for that privilege that I was given. I won't be able to send you pictures today, but I will be sure to do that later.
I truly have learned the importance of always having the Spirit with you and the importance and role that that plays in receiving knowledge. I can't even express how important it is that we have those things. As it says in Doctrine and Covenants, a man cannot be saved in ignorance. That is really what it is all about, isn't it? We are the ones with the knowledge, sent forth from God and Jesus Christ by the prophets, to declare the requirements of salvation. We are here to help others come to that same knowledge for themselves. They can only do that if they act. The 'Parable of the 10 Virgins' comes to mind. There were 5 wise and 5 foolish. When the Bridegroom came, the foolish wanted the 5 wise to give them of their oil. Little did they know, the oil that we have cannot be shared. We cannot give anyone the testimony we have received, because they have to act for themselves and receive their own witness. The Holy Spirit will teach us in all things, and bring all things to our remembrance. If we are reading the scriptures, saying prayers, partaking of the Sacrament, following the impressions of the Spirit, and doing all of this with real intent, we will be given knowledge and truth. And the truth will make us free from the bondage of sin.
I love you all so much. I know that all of these things are true. I have no doubt that the Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. Jesus is the Christ and by Him we can repent and change what we have done wrong. Our Father loves us. Let us love Him by obeying and following His Son and His servants. I don't have much more time, but keep firm in the faith and always be focused on the Spirit and its companionship. Love you all. :)
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment