Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bruce's email March 31, 2014

Hey My Lovables:)

Que Sopa? How is everybody doing? I hope well!  Everything is going great out here :)  I think of you all a lot. I pray for you all and hope that you are doing well and that you are remembering Christ every day like I know you are:)

Happy Birthdays coming up Brookie and Charisie:)  I love you guys and hope your husbands buy you a lot of... chocolate! :) I am starting to get a real big sweet tooth out here. It is so hard now. I remember when It was so easy to resist things like that, but once you taste it a lot, your body begins to like it. I will let you all ponder on what lesson that we can learn about life from that ;) Just talk to Dad for a bit about it if you don't know what to do.

So the whole doctor health situation... I went to a doctor that knows what she is doing now and now I am set up to get an MRI and an MRA with contrast and the IV next Tuesday. So we will have to wait another week and some to figure it out, but I am grateful that we will figure what's up :) I haven't worked out or done any exercise for the past month, so I am beginning to gain some weight - because no exercise and a whole lot of eating from members giving you food and pop makes you a little fat. I have only gained ten pounds but that is quite a bit. But I am doing okay :) It is weird. I have never just kinda gained weight... But it's a new experience. I don't like not exercising. It makes me feel lazy and not as good. I can't wait until I am allowed to do it again :)

Things with the work are doing well :) we had 120 people come to church this week! This is so great! We are going to be made into a ward soon! I can't wait to do it :)  It is getting a little hard though. Sometimes it is difficult to work as much as you want with someone who may not want to work as much as you do... Anyway, I am doing alright. Just keep going forward right? :) 

I have been reading quite a bit lately... I read Man's Search for Happiness, Our Heritage, and am well into Jesus the Christ all this week.  I can't wait to read A Marvelous Work and a Wonder when it comes:)  It is amazing how learning more about Christ and the gospel gives you a greater testimony about things you would have never imagined. Just a little example, I have gained a great testimony of the Word of Wisdom and our bodies from reading Jesus the Christ.  Odd right? I am just so happy to say that I know that the gospel is true; the gospel of Jesus Christ. How blessed we are to have it in our day - in the dispensation of the fulness of times :) And I have the privilege of sharing it with others.  I have truly become aware of the power and authority that we have as missionaries by the Prophet of God.  Truly, I testify of it because I have felt it work through me; only when we have the Spirit. It is so important to have the Spirit. For one example, without the Spirit, we don't have the gifts of the Spirit, one of which is the gift of tongues.  And the investigators, or anyone for that matter will learn, and it won't be of God (D&C 50).  

I love learning. It is so hard out here at times, but God is supporting me and I am learning great things out here.  If there is one thing that I would like you to know, it's that I know that Jesus is the Christ, and that we are truly loved by our Father in Heaven :) He has given us everything we need to return to His presence.  

I love you all so much.  I wish I could greet and hug you all, but that will be for another time... :) We have changes in 2 weeks and we will see if I get changed to a different area :) I pray that all is going well. Keep being the best that you can be and strengthening each other!  Thank you for your love.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: