Monday, April 14, 2014

Bruce's email April 14, 2014

Cambios!

Entonces?!  Como estan?!  Feliz Cuplianos a mis hermanas Brooklyn y Charise.  Les amo muchisimo y les quiero a todos:) Un poco raro que yo puedo hablar y nadie puede entender.  Me gusta:) How is everybody doing?:) Sounds like everything is going well! Happy Birthday to Brooklyn and Charise :) I love you guys. Thanks Aubrey and Alisha and everyone for all of your emails that you send to me :) I love you so much. Can you believe that we are going to talk in just a month or so? Wow. Seems like Christmas was yesterday.  

This week was good but a little difficult.  I have been getting headaches pretty frequently and constant.  They are pretty bad, but not bad enough to stop me from working.  I looked at the results of the test that they took and they said that there was nothing wrong.  I have an appt with the doctor for next Monday to analyze it and everything like that. So looks like I am okay:) Isn't that great??? What a blessing:)  Today when I found out, I was so happy that we went and played basketball for awhile. It was the funnest and most stress relieving thing that has happened in a long time... :) I almost forgot how much I love to play sports.  But I am doing alright. I think that the headaches are from stress and just working hard in these conditions.  And exercising actually helps the stress to go away... So I believe that I will start exercising on a regular basis and if something happens bad again, I will just take it off for a few days:) I have a small headache now, but I will go buy some water and it will be okay :) The oils and vitamins are great, Mom. Don't worry, I am kind of running out of a couple of them, but you don't need to send me more.  The oils do wonders with helping me to relax.
  
This week is sad. I have changes.  I will be leaving these members and the very first people that I saw baptized in the area of San Vicente. It is so sad.  Delia is so strong.  She is still so strong in the gospel, arriving earlier than anyone to church, and she lives the farthest away.  I love her.  She is trying to divorce so that she can get married to a better guy.  We talked about the temple. How beautiful the gospel is.  How I hope that I will have the privilege of seeing her go through the temple before I come home.  What a faithful woman who, when she knows the right, does it. She is such an example to me.  Tomorrow we are going out to Chilibre to visit her and Norbert (father) and his family with Ivana and Paola.  Oh how cute their family is.  Man I will miss them so much.  We taught them about the temple too and about baptisms for the dead, and Ivana will be able to be baptized for her mother who passed away a long time ago.
  
I bore my testimony on Sunday. That was a bit difficult.  It is hard to go up and try to bear a testimony, knowing you might make mistakes. It's humbling. But it is amazing to look back about 6 months ago and see how I could hardly say a word, and now I can kind of express myself.  What a change.  What a qualification that has taken place by the mercy of God helping me step by step to fulfill my purpose. I miss bearing my testimony in church, so I decided to do it again. I loved being able to have the privilege of testifying of Jesus Christ.  I have been reading and studying about Him. What a perfect role model and example the Father has given us to follow. What more can we ask for? Salvation is free. What love I feel from my Father and brother.  All we need to do is keep the commandments and we are immediately blessed - in the words of King Benjamin.  There are so many things I have learned from reading 'Jesus the Christ'. I highly recommend it, but it does have some big words haha.

I wrote down many things during the week to write back to you, but I left it in the house before I came... Sorry.  I will be sure to be better about that. I will send some pictures that I have. I remembered my cord:)  I am going to miss San Vicente and Elder Seegmiller.  Man I have grown so much there and with him.  I can't believe that already 7 months are gone of my mission. So much growth and development by the help of others. I can't believe that I will be in a new area and have a new companion the next time I write.  Wow.

I hope that you are all doing really well:) I pray for you and hope for the best. Sorry I can't email all back. Truly I do feel of your love when you take the time to write me and send me those adorable pictures. They are all so big!  I am too.  I weighed myself and I weigh 194 now.  Crazy huh? Everyone tells me I still look the exact same though. We will see if you can see in the pictures that I send.  Thank you for all that you do for me.  Thanks for letting me know about my finances Dad.  I love you all so much:) Love you Mom.  Cuidense!  Ciao.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: