Good afternoon, Buenas tardes,
I am torn between motives. I don't know whether to try and write everything that is going on, or if I even could do that because so much is happening. It is also close to when I will be able to tell you everything afterward.
My health is doing well. I am doing well. The funny thing is that I am having to glue my shoes every day so that they stay together, haha but I am doing well.
This week went really well. I always am having such tender and marvelous experiences. Usually, those experiences come after having experienced a hard time or after having gone through a trial. It is interesting to see that the Father has always shown His love and I know that He always will as I follow the model found in the scriptures and taught by living prophets. I can testify of personal revelation. I have it daily - mostly in personal study, but there are many times while praying or during the day that the revelation comes. I am so grateful for it and feel privileged to receive such guidance from my Father.
More than anything, I feel like I have come to know, with a better understanding, of how our Father and Savior are - how the Spirit is as well and how it communicates with me. I can testify that these things are real. I do not know all things but am learning daily the doctrine of the kingdom.
The focus of my thoughts this last while have been about the Atonement, infinite and eternal, and the mercy of our Savior and of our Father. My heart is filled when I meditate about these subjects. It amazes me, every day, to see how much mercy has been shown toward me. I am so privileged to be able to have it shown and impressed upon me daily. I truly have learned for myself how great the Atonement is - not saying that I comprehend it or anything of the sort, but that I have come to a better understanding of it. I know that Jesus Christ suffered for us so that we might not suffer if we would repent. That can be seen many, many times in the scriptures.
I continue to try and open my mouth as much as possible. We always contact buses. I love doing that! :) Before it was a hard thing for me - out of this world. Yet now, I really enjoy doing it. We continue to find new people to teach as well; wonderful spiritual experiences. We were walking to an appointment yesterday and I had the distinct impression to stop and go back to contact a certain house. We did so and found someone who had investigated a long time ago, who had had problems back then that didn't allow them to be baptized at that time, yet now the circumstances are right and they could now be baptized. The Lord does His work. What a privilege it is to participate in His work. Truly as we are in His service we gain more than we give, and I am a witness. Well said King Benjamin that even if we serve him for the rest of our days, we would be unprofitable servants. It is humbling. I have felt very humbled as I have been here. It is sweet to see that the Lord is helping and sculpting one's life and one's self. I have seen that and am a witness to it.
I love you all. I can't wait to see Lynnae and Ryan's new baby girl. What a wonderful blessing we have to have families in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I was reading in Our Heritage today on a bus, and my heart was touched. We are truly so blessed. How great is our God. He has showered His blessings upon the saints, especially upon our family. Thank you so much for your love and prayers. Have a happy week full of the Spirit.
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment