Querida Familia
Es interesante que el tiempo pase tan rápido. Además es muy interesante cuantas cosas puedan suceder en algo que parece ser un solo momento.
Well, this week flew by. I really don't know where all of the time is going. Time just keeps passing faster and faster. Every day we wake up early and start doing a million things, and before I know it I am already in the house having the planning session before going to bed exhausted. I just think, ¨How did that day pass so fast?¨. It is amazing. It's like a dream. I know I have said that so many times but it really is. Now, I only have one companion, Elder Jensen. Elder Teichert and Elder Franco went out to the Interior to open an area. We are extremely busy. We have been working a lot in the area and with the mission.
Our investigator, Juan Chacón is so great! He is just someone who is prepared. We have been teaching him for a little less than 2 weeks and he is already in Alma in the Book of Mormon. He is so excited to be baptized :)
Eleuterio Cedeño is a great guy. We met him in church about 2 weeks ago and he was a reference from a member. He works and lives in a hotel like none other I have been to. We went to his house to teach him this last week and let's just say it was hippyville. We went to the front and yelled for someone to come out and three people with dreads and hippy clothes came out and talked with us. Soon enough Eleuterio came out and he told us to go in so that we could teach him in a different part of the hotel. It is like a condo for lots of people, not really a hotel. We walked through and I don't think I will ever forget that experience. There was music, people doing whatever, so we went downstairs and taught him. There were many different smells there. It was interesting. But he is prepared too! And we do have many others as well.
Eleuterio Cedeño is a great guy. We met him in church about 2 weeks ago and he was a reference from a member. He works and lives in a hotel like none other I have been to. We went to his house to teach him this last week and let's just say it was hippyville. We went to the front and yelled for someone to come out and three people with dreads and hippy clothes came out and talked with us. Soon enough Eleuterio came out and he told us to go in so that we could teach him in a different part of the hotel. It is like a condo for lots of people, not really a hotel. We walked through and I don't think I will ever forget that experience. There was music, people doing whatever, so we went downstairs and taught him. There were many different smells there. It was interesting. But he is prepared too! And we do have many others as well.
I have learned one important thing this week that I didn't fully comprehend before. It's that we are here to find the people that are chosen and that will listen to Christ´s voice. We are not here to force people to be baptized, neither to baptize anyone who will just do it. We are here to find those willing to take upon themselves the name of Christ and to serve Him until the end. The great thing is that there are so many people ready or who are being prepared by angels, waiting for us to find them. We just have to find them. I know that we will continue to find more. If you could pray for us that would be of great help. We need to keep finding those who are ready.
Elder Duncan came as well this week. It was great. I didn't know this, but did you all know that he is from West Point? I asked him if he knew the Browers and he didn't really recognize the name. But that is cool :) I really know that he was sent from God to come and instruct us. It was so inspiring what he said and shared. Elder Jensen and I will strive to put that into practice :)
Sorry for the short letter today, but I would just like to leave you with my testimony :) As a missionary, I love to testify. I just want you all to know that I know without a doubt in my mind or heart that the Book of Mormon is true, and that it testifies of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Only through Him we can be together as families and truly live in a state of everlasting happiness - through Him and what He did for us. I hope that we all take a little time each day to read the Book of Mormon. Take care this week. I love you all :)
Con Cariño, Élder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment