Monday, October 20, 2014

Pictures - October 20, 2014

 Family Arias; the parents got baptized yesterday! (family from my last area)  I was teaching them when I was there and they just got baptized :)

My new companion, Elder Gomez!




Querido Familia,

I would kind of like to apologize first of all for the last email.  I realize that it would have sounded a little bit like I was complaining, which wasn't my intention.  Yet to add on to that, this week went really great.  This next coming week is going to go even better.  We have tons of appointments planned and we planned soo well.  The zone is doing better.  We are going to have more baptisms in November.  We have a progressing investigator! :) Her name is Cleotilde.  She is a Nove Indian from Bocas (different province of the country by Costa Rica).  And she is just great!  She just needs to pray, pray, pray.  She reads and she went to church this last Sunday! :)  We have more fechas, but they haven't gone to church.  I am so grateful for the privilege I have to teach her.  It is hard to say or explain, but truly when you are teaching someone and desire so much that they just taste of the same delicious fruit that you have tasted, you really start to love them.  Even though you only spend a little time with them, you grow to love them.  I think that this is the Savior's and God's love that we feel for others.

I have been studying the Bible and the Book of Mormon inside and out.  I can't believe that I never studied the Bible before the mission.  There are treasures in there.  I think that we use the Bible as Mormons, yet we do not study it as much.  Of course, the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion, and I love every single word written there, yet we also have the life of our Savior Jesus Christ and doctrine in all scriptures.  I LOVE SCRIPTURES.  I think I want to be one of those professors at BYU who only study the scriptures, and they get paid!  How awesome would that be??  To get paid spiritually AND to help your living.  Man, they have the life.

Mom, I think I would like some oils.  I hope this doesn't bug you too much, but would it be okay if you send me 2 Lavender, 2 Melaleuca, 1 Lemongrass, 1 Frankincense and 1 Purify? I don't want to have you spend a ton of money sending them to me, but if you could at least send the Lavender and Melaleuca that would be great! :)

The attendance is really bad here.. but we are working hard to baptize and raise the attendance.  The area is improving.  I love it here.  I love the mission.  I'm learning a ton :) 

Love you all so much, and if you would like to know anything about how it is out here, just let me know!  Love you, Mom!

Love, Elder Bitter


No comments: