Dear Family,
Que Locura! This week went by really fast! We now have 2 progressing investigators. Isn't that great??!! :) I am so happy. Cxxxxxxxx is such a great person. I have really grown to love investigators and members. I love seeing them change their lives. I love it. The gospel is a life changer. I remember in 'Preach My Gospel', Boyd K. Packer said that doctrine truly understood changes human behavior. The study of the gospel will change behavior faster than the study of behavior will change behavior. I can tell you that that is true.
I have a goal to finish the New Testament and Book of Mormon in Spanish before the end of this year. I have to say that I love the scriptures more than anything! Except you guys. But really, I never realized the priceless treasure that I had sitting on my bedside table all growing up. I can tell you that when I get home, I will never be bored or doing nothing. I love them so much.
One way that we can recognize the love of our Savior and our Father in Heaven more is through the scriptures, both living and ancient. The Savior has said, "Learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart." Truly, as we learn more about God, and Christ, and the gospel, and the eternal plan, the Spirit will literally enlighten our minds and we will be able to comprehend more the love that they have for us. That is only one little thing out of the vast number of insights I have learned out here. I was thinking about this the other day... In my patriarchal blessing, it says that my mission will change my life for eternity. I have really thought about that. It doesn't say just change me, or help me. Truly the only way that God could bless me this way is through service to Him. In His service He molds and shapes us to be more than we could ever be on our own. He gives us more capacity to carry more and serve more, then allows us to feel the joy of that service. He allows us to do what He does, just in smaller measures.
I had an experience that I would like to share. On Wednesday I think it was, we were going to an investigator's house that isn't progressing. We were out there and greeted 3 times. Nobody came to the door. As I was thinking about it and how this happens a lot to us, the picture of the Savior knocking at the door came to my mind. We are literally representatives of Him. He has literally sent us. By the mouth of His angels and prophets, He has sent us missionaries to declare the word. When people don't let us in or answer us, we feel so bad. I thought, man, this is just crazy. They were all inside but ignoring the call of salvation. I thought about how we sacrifice two years and they don't listen to a message of happiness. Then I thought of how Christ has given His life, how He knocks to tell them that they have a way to be saved because He had suffered, bled, and paid the price for their ticket so to say, for their salvation and redemption. Yet they don't listen or take heed. I honestly wonder how He feels about that. How would we feel to do what He did and have so many people say no... even mock. This helps me to carry my burdens as a missionary better. I am grateful for Jesus Christ, for His example, for His atonement and divine love for us.
Remember to read the scriptures and pray always so that you might always feel that perfect love that is always there, avaliable for us all. I love you all so much. Have a great week. Love you Mom!
Love, Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment