Monday, January 13, 2014

Bruce's email January 13, 2014

Hello my Big Family:)

Hey! How is everybody doing? I hope everything is well :) I just copied and pasted all of your emails to print them all.  I only have 20 minutes left so I will hurry to write :) I hope everything is well.  I will find out what's going on at home in just a couple minutes :)  Everything is going great out here.  I have learned so much this week.  I finished the Book of Mormon that I started in the MTC. I have started to read the Doctrine and Covenants too! Some of my favorite ending chapters of the Book of Mormon would have to be Ether 12, and Moroni 7. I would invite all of you to study them sometime this week. There are treasures in those two chapters that would sustain you for eternity.  We truly need faith and charity. Go feast upon the words; every single verse. After reading one, ponder on it. Pray on it. The Lord will help you understand it as he promised the Nephites in 3 Nephi.  Pray. Search. Ponder. Do it :)

This week was great! Thank you everyone for all of your thoughts and things that you send to me; little packages and emails. I love you all so much. You help support me while I am out here.  President Monson said in a message in conference that a mission isn't a personal affair, but a family one.  We are truly all in this together, and if it wasn't for all of you, I don't think that I would be as strong as I am out here, even though I am still very weak. As Dad has said, the Lord has shown me out here what I can do with Him, and what I can do without Him. Let's just say that I always want Him to be with me :) I truly can't do anything without Him.  I can't speak.  I really can't.  But when I stretch myself and pray for strength, my tongue is literally loosed.  It is quite humbling and amazing honestly.  I see miracles every day :)

The hermanas in our district baptized 2 youth yesterday.  What a wonderful miracle!  We passed by so many houses, and I called a less-active sister for all of them to come to church.  It is literally an arrow to the heart when they say no, or when they aren't there.  But I prayed so hard for someone to come.  When I called Sister Lidia Rodriguez and reminded her, she said thanks and hung up.  I was so sad.  We passed by Hermano Ismael Navarros' house and he didn't come.  We passed by our investigator Miguel Angel's house and he decided to not come because he needed to help his family with concrete stuff. It is so hard to see these things happen.  I have truly developed a love for and a knowledge of the importance of the Sacrament. Read 3 Nephi 18, and study it.  It will bring to your knowledge the importancia de la Santa Cena.  Really, I didn't realize how important it was.

My language progresses every day.  Thank you so much for your prayers.  I honestly know that with God all things are possible.  You all know me.  I am not smart hahaha.  I couldn't have learned this language on my own.  It would be impossible.  I testify that it is by God and His tender mercies that I have what I have.  God never gives me a commandment save preparing a way for me to accomplish it :) I am so filled with gratitude for this knowledge.  I wish I could share with you all all that I have learned out here.  I just do not have time.  It would take so long to write everything that I would like to.  I have learned and changed so much out here.  When I get home, I can't wait to talk all of your ears off about the lessons I have learned that have literally changed my life for eternity.  Study the Christ-like attributes. It is a commandment from the Lord to become like Him. 'What manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am.'  Let us pray in faith to Heavenly Father that He will help us, through the grace and mercy of his Son, Jesus Christ and His Atonement, to develop these essential attributes.  Especially that of charity and faith.  When you are developing one attribute, you are developing all slowly; decision by decision.  Be patient in developing patience ;) It's true. 

I love you all. I have a witness that God answers prayers. I know it with all of my heart and soul. Even as I am writing these words, I feel the Spirit filling my heart and soul.  I know that what I say is true.  I am a witness of it. You can gain your own witness too. Pray. Pray with all of your heart to our loving Father in Heaven.  Pray to Him like you are talking today. Talk to Him.  'Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord.'  It is an invitation.  Believe in the power of prayer.  Have faith. I love you all with all of my heart. I pray that you will be edified by any of my words to you.  May the Lord bless each and every one of you.  I pray for you all every day, many times a day.  Thank you for all of your love and what you have taught me.  I send all of my love with this.  Read the Book of Mormon. Pray to God, and have faith.

All of my love, Elder Bitter

No comments: