My dearest family and friends :)
Why hello! :) Can you believe it is almost 2014? Man, it was just barely 2012! Crazy how fast time is passing. This week was amazing! So much has happened. I have learned so much! Talking with you all was thee best Christmas present I think that I have ever received :) I am being totally honest! I loved every single second of it. Thank you so much for all of the things that you sent me in my package! I am so blessed! That chocolate was thee best chocolate I have ever had. I gave one to my comp and two to a companionship of hermanas because they work hard. Thank you so much! I have almost already finished the gold fish... Crazy huh? :)
So for Christmas, we ate 6 MEALS! I felt so full. I think that I gained 10 pounds or something because my belt was tighter than normal hahaha. But now, I am back to normal and I think I have lost it all. My body is kinda bipolar out here. I can lose and gain weight just like that. I bought new shoes. They are so uncomfortable, but I won't complain. I am glad that I have durable nice shoes for proselyting. Sorry for my typing, this keyboard is crazy haha.
Well this week, and even this day, has been so very hard and learning and nice. So... there is a lot of tension between me and my comp. He has been kinda being a little lazier and not working as hard.... I don't know what is going on. Whenever I try to talk to him about it, he just says something else. It is hard. But I have worked harder these past few days than I have in the mission. We are obeying, at least the rules that we have to obey together, and when we have obeyed, I have literally seen miracles. I told him that and pointed out the miracles and he agreed, yet we still don't try harder. I have felt like I haven't been giving it my all to the work out here. It has been welling up inside me. I want to get to the casa at night totally exhausted. I want to give it my all out here.
So on Sunday, I went to the ward clerk after church and got a list of all of the members in our ward. I asked for a less-active list, but they don't have one. And the members we have are from 2 different areas. So we have 15 pages of names that we don't know where they live, even in our area, and we don't even know who is less-active and not. My comp hasn't been helping me decipher it, but I have been with a less-active and members. They have helped me, and I have found out a lot about my area and such. I am just suprised at how stunted the work is out here! There are so many less-actives, and they need to be visited and strengthened! There is so much of our area I didn't even know was our area! We went to an area for the hermanas for an interview for a baptism because my comp is the DL, and he said that that was our area. I can't believe I didn't know before! Now I need to go to that area too hahaha, but you could take a bus from that place and it would be over 20 minutes because you were out of our area. Our area is gigantic! And I didn't even know it! So much work to be done! So much to do, and no time to be lazy or for wandering. It's time to work! :)
This morning I started to clean the house. I have asked my comp for the last 3 weeks if we could clean the house on p-day, and he said after we get home. Well, we get home way late and I hate it. So, I decided to clean the house this morning and he kinda was mad at me.... Even though I cleaned all of his things and the whole house, the kitchen, the living area, got all of the books organized, even the bathroom! Yet he was kinda bugged that we weren't gone by 9 to the internet and with the other missionaries. It's just amazing. I truly have started to see just in the smallest fraction, what our Father in Heaven feels. He does all of these things for His children, He pours out blessings, He does things we don't even know He has done, and people, His children, don't thank Him. They break His commandments, they take His name in vain. They deny Him and His Son, Jesus Christ, who gave the greatest gift in the history of time. Yet He is denied, His name is taken and disrespected, without a simple thank you for what They have done for us. This week, I challenge all of you to spend time praying; extra time, in the car, or just while walking, pray. I do it every time we are walking. Pray. Express gratitude to our Father for all that you have. Once you start thinking about it, you will realize how blessed you are. You will have blessings come to your mind that you haven't even thought about before. It will be a true eye opener and you will see God's hand in your life more and more. Your faith will grow in Him. You will want to pray more. Your prayers will become more personal and more meaningful. You will see and feel the love that God, our Father has for all of us, and for your personally. This is a good thing:) Try it.
The language is good! It is coming. I have started to set goals; weekly, every change, and yearly. I put them where I can see them every single day. It is amazing how this is helping me to accomplish small things, and in turn, in time, I can accomplish bigger things. A goal not written down is a wish, just as Brother Horlacher has told us. Make goals for this new year, write them down, and follow them:)
I am short for time, but I am just so grateful for all of you. Thank you for your love. Thank you for all you have given me. I lost my planner this week, so I lost a lot of what I was going to tell all of you, but it will be better next week:) Just remember, when you serve someone and they don't thank you, think of the Savior, and understanding will come to your mind. Think of our Father. Ponder, pray. Always pray:) I promise your faith and testimony will grow as mine has! I testify of it. I love you all. I truly stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Let us remember Christ always, for He is our best friend:) Have an amazing New Year's and a great week! Happy Birthday Cambria:)
Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment