FAMILY! Love you guys.
Oh how is everybody? Great? I thought so. We are Mormons! How can we not be feeling great? We have the knowledge that quenches our thirst, and stays our hunger. I am so happy that I have this knowledge that I have and that my family has it also. We are such happy people and blessed.
This week was a fast one. Again. Where did the last two weeks go?? Crazy how fast time goes out here. I just wanted to repeat this. I bet you can guess it, I am so hungry right now. Oh how grateful I am for the milk Dad bought, the cheese that Mom bought, and the bread that Breanne made. I took those things for granted. I miss you guys. :) Oh how i miss all of you :) I miss you Cam! I love you so much. What a sacrifice you've made to come out on a mission. I miss you and just want to let you know how much I look up to you and how much of an amazing sister you are. You are such a great example. I love you :)
This week went by quick. Filled with great experiences, Spanish, and hunger. What more could I want? I just want to say a few things that I am grateful for: Utah, the church in Zion, the Spirit in Utah, the weather in Utah, my family in Utah, ENGLISH. I miss speaking English to you guys. I miss getting my point across in such amazing ways because I have been taught by my parents and by using the Spirit. This Spanish is one of the most humbling things I have ever had to go through. I know that I am meant to go through it.
My comp talks with others about my Spanish. They will talk and I don't understand a word, until they talk about how I don't know much Spanish. It hurts really bad. But at least I can understand their Spanish when they are saying how much I don't know right? I try to look at the bright side. I truly have been humbled because of this. The Lord knows how if I would have gone to an English speaking mission I could have done amazing things, but he sent me to this mission, a Spanish mission, to show me that I am still nothing; that I still have to rely on him for everything that I do. I am filled with gratitude for this, because how else could I learn this lesson? Not at a different mission that is for sure.
My health is good. My back is still bugging me. My shoes from Ross are dead. At least the right shoe is. But I will wear it until it is ready to bury in a grave. This is helping me be grateful for the 14 pairs of shoes I have at home. I am so grateful for my lack of things here. It is teaching me so much. The Lord has truly showered his blessings upon me, upon us, and upon our family. My alarm clock is kinda broken... the hour hand doesn't work so it just hangs there, but the alarm still works. The back light and snooze don't. I guess the Lord is trying to tell me something.... haha even though I always wake up at 6:30 or earlier.
I have made it a point out here to be obedient with exactness out here. I need to show the Lord that I love him and that I am willing. If ye love me, keep my commandments. Says it in the scriptures again and again. Speaking of the scriptures, I LOVE THEM. I have this swelling in my soul as we speak of the truth and divinity of the Book of Mormon. Every morning that we don't have personal study, I get up and read the Book of Mormon still. Like this morning. How amazing is Nephi?? How amazing is the Word of God? He has shown forth his mighty power by bringing this miraculous book forth. He has put all things in there to instruct us and guide us how to live our lives. The words of Christ will tell us all things what we should do. There are so many amazing scriptures. So many literal treasures. I treasure the Book of Mormon with all of my soul. I have never really realized how precious that book is until now. What a gift from God. How merciful is our God!
I am always tired. I don't know what it is. I am taking the vitamins and oils, but I think it is from a lack of food. I sleep from about 10-10:15 to 6:15-6:30, so I know it isn't that. But I am so filled with gratitude for your prayers. I need so much help with the language and physical strength. I truly can't do anything without the Lord. I couldn't even do what I like to do like sports, if it weren't for His hand in providing me energy to enjoy the things I love to do. He truly provides a way to do what he commands you to do. He gives me a house, water, food, and the Word, and all I have to do is act and he blesses me. All we have to do is obey and he blesses immediately just as King Benjamin says in chapter 3 I think... I read that today. But treasure the Word of God. We truly do not realize what we have. I never realized what I had until it was taken away. And yet, it is only taken away for a season. My family, Utah, the place that I love, friends, food, my wonderful house and yard and church and ward. I never realized how amazing it was until I left it. Let us give thanks to the Lord in all things. I think that's the last verse of Alma 26 if any of you want to see that. Read Alma 22,23, and 26. Those are amazing chapters.
We have had many problems with investigators and such. On Tuesday we contacted a woman by the name of Llelixa (Yelixa) and we were teaching her. Believe it or not, when my comp turned to me, the Spirit was in me and I spoke Spanish. I taught her, and after about 45 seconds of Spanish, I went into baptism. Long story short, we got a FECHA! It was amazing. But she wasn't there the next time we came. I was just grateful for the tender mercy of the Lord to show me that He is helping me accomplish what He has commanded me. Also, we have 2 couples of investigators with the same problem. One is Marianna and one is Benilda and their ´espouses´ they live with are married to different women. Yet they all want to be baptized so badly! That's 4 people! We have been teaching all of them. Marianna is a woman we helped cross the street with her grocceries and contacted her. Haha typical right? Shows that through little service acts, are great things brought to pass. What a testimony alone that the words of the Book of Mormon are true! Anyway, sorry for being distracted. I just love the Book of Mormon with all my heart and soul. But my comp talked to our Zone Leader and to President Carmack and they will speed up the divorces. How wonderful. The Lord provides!
I am short for time so I would just like to say how much I love all of you! I don't have the packages yet, but they will come!
I love you all with all of my heart and soul.
Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment