Monday, November 10, 2014

Bruce's email November 10, 2014

Dear Family,

This week was a really good one.  I hope everyone is doing great! :) Wow.  Everybody is just so busy with work, family life, and just life.  It's crazy how looking back just 10 years ago, we see so much change even just in our own household.  

I had a doctor's appt and have medicine for everything now.  Mom, I am pretty sure they gave me something like Accutane, and some other things.  I think it will work.  My health is well.  I am going to buy some new belts because the ones I have now are shreds.  In everything else I am well.  I have a lot of personal money in cash that I haven't used from paying with the personal card for mission expenses and now am paying myself back with the money of the mission.  One of my shoes split open, but I bought some glue and it is holding it pretty well. I am pretty sure I'll do that for the next year, haha.

This week we now have two progressing investigators. I am almost positive that Cxxxxxxxx will get baptized this 29th of November, and also a young teenager named Dxxxx.  They are both really receptive.  I am so happy for both of them and that I have the privilege to help them and teach them.  The work here in this area and ward is a lot harder than my other areas because it's not as easy to help the attendance.  We had 6 missionaries in our ward, but they just took out 2 so now we are half opening an area again.  I like it.

Sometimes it is discouraging but I always am learning.  There's one experience that I would like to share; the bishop did the area separating for us, and I don't know why he did it if it's a mission issue, but he did it in a way that I didn't think was the way it should be done.  At first I thought that I had all of the logic and reason in the world to be a little bothered by this.  After I got thinking about it, I was very wrong.  I believe that pride is the start of every sin.  I thought that I knew more than anyone else due to the time I have been here and what I have seen about our area and the other elders' area.  Our area was a lot more difficult.  But then the hymn came to my mind, 'I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go'.  I thought about the example of Jesus Christ.  He is the perfect example of humility and submissivness to His Father.  How can I not be submissive if He was in such a way?  It truly helped me remember Christ more and how He will help us put off the natural man.

I have been reading 'Jesus the Christ' and it is just a wonderful experience to read about Christ.  How wonderful He is.  I have been trying to read the scriptures more too to help my testimony and knowledge of the Master.  If you would like, you can look up an address by Richard G. Scott in October of 2011.  I love living scripture addresses about ancient scripture.  I love scriptrue.  It's something solid that won't change because God is the same.

Like I always say, I would love to express to you all how much I am growing and progressing; how much I am changing, or rather, how much I am being changed.  I know that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us so much - so much that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to save us from our sins.  If we only obey and try to be like Him, following His example, we will be able to have salvation and exaltation in a never-ending state of happiness.  It will all be worth it!  We just have to keep moving forward in faith.
I love you all so much.  I hope that everyone is well and happy.  I know that you are. ;)  Take care.  And by the way, is there snow yet??????  Love you Mom!

Love, Elder Bitter 

2 Nephi 32:3

No comments: