Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bruce's email July 21, 2014

Mi querido familia,

Mi bella familia :) I love you guys so much!  I am so tired haha. We have been doing a lot of stuff and I am just worn out.  I have taken a lot of pictures this week but this internet isn't the best so it will take a while.  How was your week?  Can't wait to read all of your emails.  I hope you are all enjoying your summer and your time together!

This week was a great week.  We had 3 baptisms, one Saturday night with Celeste and Valerin.  They are so intelligent and ready for baptism!  I think we just baptized the best future missionaries that will come out of Panama. :)  They love having us over.  They run and hug us every time they see us. I have definitely felt their love and their examples of Christ.  They come from a family where the parents are less-active, but their older sister is great and takes them to the church.  How happy I am to see how happy they are!  We also had a third Sunday morning with Jeremy.  He also will be a great missionary.  We had the privilege of teaching all of them, and it was fantastic :) I love teaching people of younger ages, they have such innocence and they are amazing.  

We have 2 more investigators that are progressing. Yovanka is going to be baptized the 31st of this month and Arquimedes will be baptized the 26th of August.  It will be such a joy.  I won't think about that time yet because it's the week after changes and they might change me, but I hope I am here to see his baptism.  He is such a miracle - a miracle of what prayers will do.  He has let us teach him and has accepted because he can tell something is different about Elder Rodriguez and I than the other missionaries that had been there before.  I know that obedience and doing your best makes a difference in the salvation of others.

We are seeing miracles.  Investigators have been coming to church and also went to the baptism.  This never has happened!  I love the work.  How much God rewards us for just putting forth an effort!  I am seeing miracles.  Sorry that I can't write all of them, but I will tell you about them in a year or so.

My health is alright. We are going to do exercises more this week.  I have just been so tired and beat that you hit the bed at night and you wake up, then you just have no time to do anything.  You need to keep going and going.  I have kinda slacked in exersicing.  I don't know if you can tell in the photos, but I have gained 15 pounds.  I weigh 200 pounds right now according to the scales here in Panama.  I say it's just water, but my body says otherwise haha. :) Just a sacrifice that comes with the mission I guess.  I think that Chris knows where I am coming from.  But it's alright.  My arms are still freaking out.  There is this red rash that is now on both arms, and I have a little on my right leg toward my knee too.  My face is filled with acne from the sun and sweating 24/7. I think that I haven't gone a moment without sweating here in Panama.  But it's alright.  Those things don't matter right? :)

The work is going great here. We have investigators, fechas, progressing investigators, and everything.  I love the work.  Many times I falter and make mistakes, but just the thought of Jesus Christ brings peace to my soul and comfort to my heart.  I am grateful that He just blesses me for doing simple things and through these simple things I can be able to gain eternal life with my family. :) How much I love this gospel!  We talked about Chapter 5 in Preach My Gospel in district meeting this week.  It was fantastic.  I really have realized how wonderful that book is more and more every day out here. :)  What a treasure.

The work is going forward.  I love you guys so much!  Miss you all.  I thank you all for your pictures that you send me.  I love them so much.  I love reading your emails.  I can't believe that Cambria has almost served a full-time mission.  What an example for me. :)  I just have it so good.  Thank you all for all that you do for me.  I know that you are praying for me.  That truly helps me so much.  Sorry if the email has lack of detail.  I will send a lot of pictures. :)  Love you all so much.  Give everyone a big hug for me.

Love, Elder Bitter

No comments: