Hello my big family!
Oh how the weeks have gone by. I leave to Panama tomorrow morning at 2! I am so excited to meet the Mission President and the ward and my comp and just love them all. Just before I go, I don't think I will be assigned this kind of a place yet, but some Elders experiences that I have heard are that they weren't able to write their family for a while while they were serving in a certain place. So if I don't write and you don't get an email for a while, it isn't because I have forgotten you all because I would never forget you guys. I mean, come on. But I just thought that I would tell you that. Oh and Mom, by the way, if you are planning on sending me a Christmas package, all of the other missionaries told me to tell you to send it to Panama as soon as possible so that it will get there on time. Just thought I would tell you that also, just if you were planning on it. And if you want to know what I want to get in the package, send me hamburgers. One from Carls Jr, one from JCW´s, and another from 5 Guys. All bacon. Thanks ;) Anyway, I don't know what I would like. Nothing big. Just send me pictures of all of you and send me things that will remind me of all of you at home. I don't really need anything. If you want to send me a little bag of gold fish or Cheeseits I would not be opposed, but I really don't need anything. I have enough. But if you do send a package, cover it with pictures of Jesus or stickers of Him, or something because that way people won't open it and eat or steal what is inside. Thank you!
I am going to send a second email about the Indians in Panama and the people there and some of the Islanders too just to inform you about some of the background of where I am serving!
Dad, that cement looks SO good. I am sad that I wasn't there to help you out. The yard looks fantastic. I miss all of you and your bright spirits. I love hearing your testimonies. Please keep me in your prayers, as well as all of the other missionary forces.
I might call you in the airport in Panama. I wouldn't call you at 2 in the morning, but I will be flying at about 6 and it is a 5 hour flight. So I don't want to get your hopes up, but if I am going to call you, I'll call Dad's phone at about 11-12 Mexico time. So given all of the time changes, I will be in the New York time zone. This probably sounds like complete rubbish that you cannot understand, but I will try and call after I get off the plane in Panama. Don't expect it, but I might call.... Sorry for not knowing completely.
I just would like to say that you have spoiled me. I don't like the food that much, and I never knew quite why until I realized that you all spoiled me with the most amazing food ever at home. That is why. I am a spoiled little boy. I can't wait until I come back a man. But I hope that day doesn't come for a long time. I love it out here. But it is so hard. This is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I feel so unworthy. Please, keep me in your prayers. These past 2 days have been some of the hardest days out here. Satan has been working on me very hard right before I go to Panama. I know it is him, and I know that it's bad, and it is harder than most think. Satan knows my weaknesses, and tries to get me, but as long as I pray and am faithful to God, he will strengthen me. I don't have it NEAR as bad as did Job, or anybody else for that matter. I am grateful for your support and ask once more for your prayers.
Dad, I was wondering what scripture it was in the Bible that says there must be a falling away first; talking about the apostacy. That scripture that translated into that Bible that they used in the Philippines actually uses the word apostacy. If you could tell me that would be great.
This is so hard. My back has kinda acted up a little bit... I have had fear because sometimes it hurts and I don't know what I would do without Dad and Mom there to help me. But it is only like that when someone slaps my back. Or even pats it really. My back is really sensitive. The skin gets irritated really easily... just from rubbing it. But I am okay:) If it gets bad I will ask for a blessing and it'll be good.
I just love you all so much. Please keep praying for me. I am so excited to go to the people of Panama. I am very scared. I have been for the past 2 days and I don't know why this fear has come. But I will try to move forward in faith. Please keep praying for me. I am sorry for asking that so much, but there is power in prayer. There is faith in prayer. I need the most help out of anyone because I am so weak. I am weak in the language, and in everything else. I am only strong in speaking when I have the Spirit and am giving a talk or talking by the Spirit or bearing my testimony. Other than that, I am horrible. I need so much help. I am grateful for all of you. I love you. I pray for you all. I know that this is essential for me, and that Panama is where I am supposed to be. I love you all so much. When you are going through a hard time, remember your testimony, remember all of your spiritual experiences... remember Christ. And you will be okay. God be with you all.
Elder Bitter
No comments:
Post a Comment